Help with Bluescreen?

Jul 3, 2020
My PC will randomly bluescreen and restart at least once a day, sometimes more. I have sent it in for repairs, but I was only told that they 'found no issues' and that there was nothing wrong. But the problem still occurs and is getting rather frustrating. All the error codes are different, but I don't know if that means anything. I don't know anything about PC's myself.

The details of the bluescreens are as follows:

==================================================
Dump File : 070320-5546-01.dmp
Crash Time : 7/3/2020 9:39:38 PM
Bug Check String : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code : 0x0000000a
Parameter 1 : 00000000ffffcd01 Parameter 2 : 0000000000000002
Parameter 3 : 0000000000000000 Parameter 4 : fffff80417841900
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+3dda20
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+3dda20
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\070320-5546-01.dmp
Processors Count : 12
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 19041
Dump File Size : 2,791,980
Dump File Time : 7/3/2020 9:40:17 PM

Dump File : 070320-5390-01.dmp
Crash Time : 7/3/2020 7:21:24 AM
Bug Check String : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug Check Code : 0x00000050
Parameter 1 : ffffc1079a36320c Parameter 2 : 0000000000000000
Parameter 3 : fffff8044631c87b Parameter 4 : 0000000000000002
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\070320-5390-01.dmp
Dump File Size : 1,715,985
Dump File Time : 7/3/2020 7:21:55 AM

Dump File : 070320-5359-01.dmp
Crash Time : 7/3/2020 12:05:08 AM
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000139
Parameter 1 : 000000000000001d Parameter 2 : ffff8d8d8f9e88d0
Parameter 3 : ffff8d8d8f9e8828 Parameter 4 : 0000000000000000
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\070320-5359-01.dmp
Dump File Size : 2,768,492
Dump File Time : 7/3/2020 12:05:45 AM

Dump File : 070220-7140-01.dmp
Crash Time : 7/2/2020 4:35:35 PM
Bug Check String : SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug Check Code : 0x1000007e
Parameter 1 : ffffffffc0000005 Parameter 2 : fffff80555841900
Parameter 3 : ffffe18abe122b48 Parameter 4 : ffffce819e7bf920
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+241900
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+241900
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\070220-7140-01.dmp
Dump File Size : 2,537,492
Dump File Time : 7/2/2020 4:36:16 PM

Dump File : 062820-5421-01.dmp
Crash Time : 6/28/2020 12:44:55 PM
Bug Check String : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code : 0x0000000a
Parameter 1 : 0000000001000020 Parameter 2 : 0000000000000002
Parameter 3 : 0000000000000001 Parameter 4 : fffff804480a8863
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\062820-5421-01.dmp
Dump File Size : 2,677,620
Dump File Time : 6/28/2020 12:46:24 PM

PC Information:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-J2ETESK
System Manufacturer System manufacturer
System Model System Product Name
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU SKU
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3593 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1407, 4/1/2020
SMBIOS Version 3.2
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)
BaseBoard Version Rev X.0x
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.1"
User Name DESKTOP-J2ETESK\Savannah
Time Zone Mountain Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 10.6 GB
Total Virtual Memory 31.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory 23.5 GB
Page File Space 16.0 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Hopefully that's the info that will help? I'm not sure, again, I don't understand anything technical

grebgonebad

Distinguished
All of the issues you've posted are related to the ntoskrnl.exe, which is a system critical kernal driver. It could just be that some of your drivers are out of date, though if you've recently taken your PC to be checked over by a professional I doubt that's the problem as one of the first things they're likely to have done will have been to update your drivers. Still, it doesn't hurt to check. Go ahead and run a generic driver check by doing the following:

Select the Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates. If any updates are needed go ahead and install them, then reboot your system.

In the meantime, did you install any new programs prior to the issue occurring?

Jul 3, 2020
All of the issues you've posted are related to the ntoskrnl.exe, which is a system critical kernal driver. It could just be that some of your drivers are out of date, though if you've recently taken your PC to be checked over by a professional I doubt that's the problem as one of the first things they're likely to have done will have been to update your drivers. Still, it doesn't hurt to check. Go ahead and run a generic driver check by doing the following:

Select the Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates. If any updates are needed go ahead and install them, then reboot your system.

In the meantime, did you install any new programs prior to the issue occurring?
No, there are no updates available, and no I didn't install anything when this started. I'm not sure if this helps, but the computer itself is fairly new? It was custom built by a professional and I've had it for maybe six or seven months? The issue started up pretty quickly after I got it, maybe a month or so? And I can't seem to figure out how to fix it.

grebgonebad

Distinguished
Right, okay. It may be worth getting in touch with the people/person who built the system for you and seeing what they've got to say, because it may be that one of the components is faulty. If that's the case then you should be able to get the part in question replaced fairly easily as it'll still be under warranty, however the details of this will have to likely be provided by the system builder.

For now however we can run a few basic checks to see if there are any blatant issues that may be causing the errors.

First and foremost, try running a memory diagnostic. To launch the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool, open the Start menu and type “Windows Memory Diagnostic”, then press Enter. You'll need to reboot your system to start the test, so once prompted simply select “Restart now and check for problems (recommended)” and wait for the test to complete. Your PC will automatically reboot into Windows once complete.

If once booted back into windows you're not automatically greeted with the test result, simply open the Event Viewer by Right-clicking the Start button and selecting “Event Viewer”. Once here navigate to the following: Windows Logs > System. You’ll see a list of a large number of events. Click “Find” in the right pane. Type "MemoryDiagnostic” into the find box and click “Find Next”. You’ll see the result displayed at the bottom of the window.

Then just paste the results into a reply here so we can take a look at it. =)

Jul 3, 2020
Right, okay. It may be worth getting in touch with the people/person who built the system for you and seeing what they've got to say, because it may be that one of the components is faulty. If that's the case then you should be able to get the part in question replaced fairly easily as it'll still be under warranty, however the details of this will have to likely be provided by the system builder.

For now however we can run a few basic checks to see if there are any blatant issues that may be causing the errors.

First and foremost, try running a memory diagnostic. To launch the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool, open the Start menu and type “Windows Memory Diagnostic”, then press Enter. You'll need to reboot your system to start the test, so once prompted simply select “Restart now and check for problems (recommended)” and wait for the test to complete. Your PC will automatically reboot into Windows once complete.

If once booted back into windows you're not automatically greeted with the test result, simply open the Event Viewer by Right-clicking the Start button and selecting “Event Viewer”. Once here navigate to the following: Windows Logs > System. You’ll see a list of a large number of events. Click “Find” in the right pane. Type "MemoryDiagnostic” into the find box and click “Find Next”. You’ll see the result displayed at the bottom of the window.

Then just paste the results into a reply here so we can take a look at it. =)

Here's what I got? I think this is right? And by the way, thank you very much for helping me out!

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-MemoryDiagnostics-Results
Date: 7/4/2020 12:03:34 AM
Event ID: 1202
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords:
User: SYSTEM
Computer: DESKTOP-J2ETESK
Description:
The Windows Memory Diagnostic tested the computer's memory and detected hardware errors. To identify and repair these problems, contact the computer manufacturer
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-MemoryDiagnostics-Results" Guid="{5f92bc59-248f-4111-86a9-e393e12c6139}" />
<EventID>1202</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-07-04T06:03:34.6460474Z" />
<EventRecordID>5083</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="9056" ThreadID="8728" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-J2ETESK</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<UserData>
<Results xmlns="http://manifests.microsoft.com/win/2005/08/windows/Reliability/Postboot/Events">
<CompletionType>Fail</CompletionType>
</Results>
</UserData>
</Event>

grebgonebad

Distinguished
Apologies for my late reply, had to run an errand. Ha ha.

Not a problem, always happy to help!

Right, judging by those results it would seem that one or both of your memory modules are faulty, as evidenced by the statement: "The Windows Memory Diagnostic tested the computer's memory and detected hardware errors. To identify and repair these problems, contact the computer manufacturer".

What I'd do now is immediately contact your system builder and see what they want to do moving forward, but ultimately you want to push to have your memory replaced. You can run some extra tests yourself to see if it's just the one module that's faulty or if both are, however I'd refrain from doing this as it would require opening up the computer and removing the memory modules one by one, and doing so would likely give your system builder a reason to blame you for the fault.

Sorry that it's not better news, however memory issues are pretty common and not difficult at all to fix, so try not to worry too much. =)

If your system builder is unwilling to send out a replacement (unlikely given how recently you bought it) then the next thing to do would be to find out the RMA policy on your memory modules, but you can cross that bridge if and when it comes to it.

Jul 3, 2020
No worries about the time, it's 1 AM for met atm, so not doing much.

I don't actually have the ability to open up the computer anyway, so I don't think I'll be running those further tests. I'm glad that it's an issue that can be fixed pretty easily though, thank you again! More than anything, I'm glad that at least now I have some solid information to go off of for what the issue is. I had no idea what I was even looking for

Here's to hoping I can contact them and get this resolved quickly (at a more reasonable hour of course)

grebgonebad

Distinguished
No worries about the time, it's 1 AM for met atm, so not doing much.

I don't actually have the ability to open up the computer anyway, so I don't think I'll be running those further tests. I'm glad that it's an issue that can be fixed pretty easily though, thank you again! More than anything, I'm glad that at least now I have some solid information to go off of for what the issue is. I had no idea what I was even looking for

Here's to hoping I can contact them and get this resolved quickly (at a more reasonable hour of course)
I didn't realise what time it was for you, my apologies. Ha ha.

Like I said previously, opening it up and having a fiddle would be the last thing you want to do at this stage in case whoever you bought it off would use this against you. For now just play it safe and see what they say when you get in contact. =) At the very least they should be able to give you details on what kind of warranty you have available on your memory modules.

Let me know how you get on! Good luck!

Jul 3, 2020
I didn't realise what time it was for you, my apologies. Ha ha.

Like I said previously, opening it up and having a fiddle would be the last thing you want to do at this stage in case whoever you bought it off would use this against you. For now just play it safe and see what they say when you get in contact. =) At the very least they should be able to give you details on what kind of warranty you have available on your memory modules.

Let me know how you get on! Good luck!

So! It's been a little while, but I figured I would give an update to the story. We took the Computer in to the guy that built it on the 7th. I called them on the 14th, but was told to call back on thursday.

So I call back. According to them, their scans couldn't find anything, despite the fact that I sent them the results of the scans and bluescreens that are posted here. They're insisting that it's not a hardware issue and that if anything it would be a software problem, but since their scans haven't found anything, that there's likely nothing wrong with the PC.

They want me to go in and pick it up, because 'there's no issue'.

grebgonebad

Distinguished
My sincerest apologies for the late reply! I've been away from my PC for a few days. Ha ha.

That sucks that they're being so stubborn about it. =/ Did you show them the test results from the memory diagnostic? I mean it does literally tell you about a third of the way down the results page; 'The Windows Memory Diagnostic tested the computer's memory and detected hardware errors. To identify and repair these problems, contact the computer manufacturer', so if they've failed to take note of that then I would make them aware post haste.

I'd keep on at them and get them to run the memory diagnostic on your PC themselves so they can have definitive proof that there's an issue. I'm not sure how their testing hasn't come up with any problems, I would have thought one of the first things they would do is run the aforementioned memory test. I wouldn't agree to take it back off them until they do something about the problem. At the end of the day they have a duty to provide you with a fully functioning system, and if that's not what you're getting then they're clearly doing something wrong.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020
My sincerest apologies for the late reply! I've been away from my PC for a few days. Ha ha.

That sucks that they're being so stubborn about it. =/ Did you show them the test results from the memory diagnostic? I mean it does literally tell you about a third of the way down the results page; 'The Windows Memory Diagnostic tested the computer's memory and detected hardware errors. To identify and repair these problems, contact the computer manufacturer', so if they've failed to take note of that then I would make them aware post haste.

I'd keep on at them and get them to run the memory diagnostic on your PC themselves so they can have definitive proof that there's an issue. I'm not sure how their testing hasn't come up with any problems, I would have thought one of the first things they would do is run the aforementioned memory test. I wouldn't agree to take it back off them until they do something about the problem. At the end of the day they have a duty to provide you with a fully functioning system, and if that's not what you're getting then they're clearly doing something wrong.

it's no problem!

I did print out the results of the scan and bring it to them but they 'lost' it somewhere. So I insisted that they replace hardware, the ram? I think? I said it seemed to be a memory issue but I really don't know much about tech stuff at all.

Anyway, they replaced the ram, and I brought it home. It had one bluescreen since then, something about security, I think, but it restarted fairly quickly so I'm not sure?

But no problems since, and it's been a few days, hopefully that means its fixed but maybe I've just been lucky.

if it helps here's the information from the one bluescreen it had since i got it back.

Dump File : 071920-8859-01.dmp
Crash Time : 7/19/2020 12:05:17 AM
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000139
Parameter 1 : 000000000000001d Parameter 2 : ffff88087699f340
Parameter 3 : ffff88087699f298 Parameter 4 : 0000000000000000
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+3ddb60
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+3ddb60
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071920-8859-01.dmp
Dump File Size : 2,406,868
Dump File Time : 7/19/2020 12:06:02 AM

Reactions: grebgonebad

grebgonebad

Distinguished
That's great news! Hopefully you'll have no issues moving forward now then. =) The occasional blue screen isn't necessarily a sign of trouble, but I'd keep an eye on it and if you start getting them as frequently as before again then message back here and we'll see what else we can figure out.

Jul 3, 2020
That's great news! Hopefully you'll have no issues moving forward now then. =) The occasional blue screen isn't necessarily a sign of trouble, but I'd keep an eye on it and if you start getting them as frequently as before again then message back here and we'll see what else we can figure out.

Yeah, I'll let you know if anything else happens!

Thank you so much for your help, I don't know what I would have done with how unhelpful my builders were!

Reactions: grebgonebad