[SOLVED] Help with buying a new display?

Dec 19, 2020
Hi, I'm in the process of buying a new gaming display. Would like to upgrade from a 1080 display to a 1440 display. I have been looking at some and to be honest there is a lot to look at. I have 2 in mind, one is a little more pricey than the other. What I need advice on is to get one of these or keep looking. Ny budget is $450-$500, but one is a bit more. The reason for picking viewsonic is from some youtube .

ViewSonic ELITE XG270Q 27
https://www.newegg.com/p/2RC-00N4-0...ors&cm_re=monitors-_-2RC-00N4-00015-_-Product

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/viewso...isplayport-hdmi-black/6396528.p?skuId=6396528

Solution
I understand, however, if you have enough room to place the monitor anywhere from 2 to 3 feet away from about where your chest will normally sit, then you have enough room.

As far as any other models are concerned, I'd stick to reviews on Rtings, Techspot, tftcentral and pcmonitors.info. If there is not a review of ANY model you are looking at on one of those sites I'd avoid it because that means it was a model that was either not worth reviewing, or is too new for there to be any reviews yet (In which case it should probably be avoided anyhow, because monitors are a lot like power supplies in the fact that you don't really want to buy one without the luxury of being able to read a PROFESSIONAL review on it, before doing so.).

Those...
PCPartPicker Part List

Monitor: LG 32GK650F-B 32.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor ($296.99 @ B&H)
Total: $296.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-12-19 13:29 EST-0500

I have three of these. They are EXCELLENT options if you can make a 32" display work for the constraints of your battlestation. Many others around here have this display as well. For this price, you will find no other monitor as good.

It's Freesync and Gsync compatible, and will work with both AMD and Nvidia graphics cards. You can spend a lot more than what these are selling for right now, and still not a get a display that is nearly as good.

I understand, however, if you have enough room to place the monitor anywhere from 2 to 3 feet away from about where your chest will normally sit, then you have enough room.

As far as any other models are concerned, I'd stick to reviews on Rtings, Techspot, tftcentral and pcmonitors.info. If there is not a review of ANY model you are looking at on one of those sites I'd avoid it because that means it was a model that was either not worth reviewing, or is too new for there to be any reviews yet (In which case it should probably be avoided anyhow, because monitors are a lot like power supplies in the fact that you don't really want to buy one without the luxury of being able to read a PROFESSIONAL review on it, before doing so.).

Those are the four primary review sites that you can legitimately trust to be in depth, and accurate, when it comes to monitor reviews. And what they offer in terms of overall appraisal is far better than anything I or most members can provide you with.

Rtings seems to think that ASUS VG27AQ is fairly decent.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/asus/tuf-vg27aq

Solution
Dec 19, 2020
Yeah have been looking at Rtings. Crazy thing is that most I have looked at seem to have a 0.2 point difference in the rating. And that is usually specific to something like HDR. And whats even crazier is that some of those top name displays that cost much more amounts have real bad ratings. I bought a new 75 inch 4k TV last year. Spent a month researching them. Came down to 2 brands, LG and samsung. The reason I went with samsung was because of the warranty.

By the way maybe you could answer this for me. Why do they put usb connectors on a display? Thanks again.

Why do they put usb connectors on a display?

Webcam. Speakers. Microphone. Extending displays. Extending USB capability for, well, anything really. You can connect pretty much whatever you want through the USB port, such as external drive or whatever, if you don't have enough on your case and motherboard or if the distance isn't convenient for something like speakers that might sit to either side of your display.