Question help with cable replacing display assembly

Jun 24, 2024
HI, first time trying a repair. I've got the display assembly apart but wondering if there is a salvage repair for keyboard cable plug. The white plastic piece apparently fell off and I also apparently broke the two tiny black plastic tabs at either end of the plug holding the white plastic lock tab on. is there a way to lay the cable over the plug and dab it with hot glue? any help is much appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
wondering if there is a salvage repair for keyboard cable plug. The white plastic piece apparently fell off and I also apparently broke the two tiny black plastic tabs at either end of the plug holding the white plastic lock tab on.
You might want to pas son an image of what you're looking at. Host your image on a site akin to Imgur then pass on the link on this thread for us to see.

Make and model of your keyboard? I'm not quite sure I follow, you mentioned panel on the sentence prior and your thread title. Are you repairing a laptop?

Jun 24, 2024
wondering if there is a salvage repair for keyboard cable plug. The white plastic piece apparently fell off and I also apparently broke the two tiny black plastic tabs at either end of the plug holding the white plastic lock tab on.
You might want to pas son an image of what you're looking at. Host your image on a site akin to Imgur then pass on the link on this thread for us to see.

Make and model of your keyboard? I'm not quite sure I follow, you mentioned panel on the sentence prior and your thread title. Are you repairing a laptop?
oh sorry...it's a dell latitude 5430. My first try at a repair. I have a photo that I will try to upload somewhere to link here. I am trying to replace the lcd assembly but along the way broke the plug on the board that the keyboard plugs into. Keyboard sticker says Chicony PIN:MP-10F63USJ698W Compal PIN: PK10FN3D00 REV:A00 s/n: 13j04902068M CN-OXMRJV-75525-3AA-E1LG-A00 DP/N:)XMRJV
on the keyboard back---MP-10F6US_A

Jun 24, 2024

Link to photo: View: https://imgur.com/a/uUKVD1c