Question I5 13600k overheating issue

Aug 5, 2024
Hey guys, not really sure if this is the right sub or not but I'm having some issues with overheating on my 13600kf. I know my cpu will run hotter than it typically would because I have a sff system built using a phanteks shift 2 case. My cooler is the noctua nh-l12s as it was the only cooler I could find that would fit my case.

It's worked fine with a lot of heavy games like Witcher 3, GTA v and cyberpunk all maxed out at 1440p but lately the temps have been getting very hot very fast. Within 10 minutes of me playing cyberpunk I had to close the game because temps reached the point of thermal throttling at 100°. Normally this game has not exceeded 90° at peak for me. I've noticed the CPU usage has gone up somewhat I don't know if this is an influencing factor or not.

I have tried a couple different things to mitigate this issue such as adding a 25 millivolt undervolt offset and utilising thermal velocity boost on pcore 0 so that at 80° it is underclocked 100mhz and then a further 100mhz at 90° but the issue remains. So I guess what I'm wondering is if there is another way to correct the issue without getting a new cooler I've seen some people say multicore enhancement can cause higher temps or messing with pl1 and pl2 limits but I'm not really sure what those things do and how to best adjust them without causing further issues. Thank you in advance for your help.