Question Help with Case Fans - Leave it as is or rearrange them?

Wheaten

Commendable
Nov 27, 2019
Hi,

I'm a beginner and I bought a pre-built PC. I've been trying to learn more about computers and it suddenly occurred to me that I' never examined what kind of air flow I have in my system, I'm a little confused as what negative/positive and intake/outtake air flow is so I thought I might explain what I have installed in my system currently and if it's optimal or can be improved.

I've had a look inside and I've got 1x 120mm case fan at the back (apart of the AIO cooler) and 2x 120mm case fans at the top and None at the front except for a dust screen, I'm just wondering if it would be wise to take one from the top and put it at the front. If you would like to know my Idle temps for CPU and GPU I can do the testing and use HW monitor and take a screenshot if needed. When I see other peoples builds they almost 100% have fans at the front so I'm just wondering if it's worth taking 1 from the top and putting it at the front for optimal airflow.

If you must know the build it is;

Case: Corsair Vengeance C70
CPU: Intel i7 - 4770 3.8Ghz
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
Memory: DDR3 16GB 1600Mhz (4x4Gb)
SSD: Transcend 120GB
HDD: 2x Samsung 500GB
CPU cooler: AIO Coolermaster Seidon 120v (At the back).
2x 120mm Case Fans (at the top)

Any advice or suggestions/recommendations are appreciated!

Thanks

Wheaten

Commendable
Nov 27, 2019
I would put both top fans in the front blowing in and remove the center drive cage.

Hey thanks for the response.

Is there an explanation as to why this is optimal? I'll check the idle temps with my current setup and then again with them both at the front. Are you sure it wouldn't be better to have one at the front and one at the top?