[SOLVED] Help with cloning using Macrium Reflect 7

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mycdnprince

Commendable
Mar 5, 2021
Using Macrium's program and I'm stuck. I have two identical hard drives and want to clone disk 1 (source) to disk 2 (target) but don't know if I have to enlarge or reduce any partitions. Can anyone help here?

Capture.PNG

Solution
So:

The 557MB, and the 500MB are the two you wish to do something with?

Honestly, I'd just leave them.
500MB is tiny, in the context of a 1TB drive.
That is 0.1% of the size of the C or F partition.

Yeah, it looks funny. But you're not really gaining any space.

But...you can delete the 557MB, and then Extend the C partition into that space. Going from 474.15GB to 474.65GB.
The 500GB on the far right I would absolutely leave alone. I'm not sure you can extend that Recovery E into that space, without affecting that partition.

USAFRet

Titan
So:

But...you can delete the 557MB, and then Extend the C partition into that space. Going from 474.15GB to 474.65GB.
The 500GB on the far right I would absolutely leave alone. I'm not sure you can extend that Recovery E into that space, without affecting that partition.

Solution

mycdnprince

Commendable
Mar 5, 2021
So:

Good advice and much appreciated. If I was to follow up on your suggestion with respect to the 557MB I have to ask the question - what about the 476.7MB that's in the the 557MB?