[SOLVED] Help with correct memory

lofthouse1982

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2012
Hi, ive just bought my father a GA-AX370M-GAMING GIGABYTE motherboard and would like to know what DDR4 Memory to buy, he currently uses his computer for gaming. I've also put him a Ryzen 5 chip in with M. 2 drive.

Any help would be great and usually buy from CCL so it would be great if you could direct me to some they sell.

Thanks

Solution
I am not finding any specifically compatible memory kits available on that site for Corsair or G.Skill. I don't tend to recommend other brands because for the most part none of them offer the same type of validation system offered by Corsair and G.Skill to verify that a given memory kit IS in fact recognized as being fully compatible with the motherboard in question.

Is that the only site you are able to order through?

What size of memory kit are you looking for? 8GB? 16GB? 32GB?

What speed? I would recommend a MAXIMUM speed of 2933mhz for that motherboard WITH that CPU. While it's true that you might be able to get a faster 3200mhz kit to work with those parts, it is equally true that it will likely be a moderately involved process...
WHICH Ryzen CPU are you using? EXACTLY which one?

What memory will work is different depending on whether you are using a first, second or third Gen Ryzen CPU, in addition to what is compatible with the board itself.

What is CCL?

This?

I am not finding any specifically compatible memory kits available on that site for Corsair or G.Skill. I don't tend to recommend other brands because for the most part none of them offer the same type of validation system offered by Corsair and G.Skill to verify that a given memory kit IS in fact recognized as being fully compatible with the motherboard in question.

Is that the only site you are able to order through?

What size of memory kit are you looking for? 8GB? 16GB? 32GB?

What speed? I would recommend a MAXIMUM speed of 2933mhz for that motherboard WITH that CPU. While it's true that you might be able to get a faster 3200mhz kit to work with those parts, it is equally true that it will likely be a moderately involved process and probably won't offer enough performance benefit over a 2933mhz kit to make it worth worrying about. Getting a lower latency kit that works out of the box, with A-XMP enabled, is probably the better choice.

Solution