Help with Corsair CX600- is it good?

Gary915

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2015
So, i plan on getting a GTX960 4GB ACX 20( Specific enough? xD lol) annnd right now, i currently have a 350 Watt PSU( Ive read up on stuff, and recommended is about 450Watt for a regular 960) So i need to know if a Corsair CX600 is a good enough PSU, i know watt wise its fine, but ive seen people say its actually bad, the components in it are bad and cheap, but i want to make sure. If this isnt good enough, can you guys recommend me a 600-650 Watt PSU thats good, but around 40-90$? If its good here are my system specs to make sure it can handle everything, im almost positive it could, if a 350Watt could. >
System Specs

Fx6300 CPU
(soon)Gtx 960 4Gb ACX 2.0
(soon)600-650 Watt PSU( Duh)
760GM-P34 Mobo( not sure if FX or not? I would guess so?)
Optical Drive(not sure which)
3 120mm Fans
1TB storage( not sure which type)

Just so you guys know, i got this PC for christmas last year, my graphics card is a R7 250X, which in my opinion isnt bad for what its ment for- it does its job, but for some games it doesnt cut it, and i dont feel like playing them on low settings (Heroes and Generals for example.) Also tell me if my 960 bottlenecks with Fx6300(ive been told no before) and if theyre a good mix, or should i get a diff CPU( like an i5?) Thanks in advance- Gary

P.S. Im new to this site, looks pretty amazing from what ive read in the past

Solution
Avoid it. Get the XFX 550W unit instead. Corsair CX has poor longevity due to Samxon capacitors, lacks the ability to run its designated wattage at a high rated temperature (30C is what it's rated at). It has also poorer voltage regulation and ripple.
Avoid it. Get the XFX 550W unit instead. Corsair CX has poor longevity due to Samxon capacitors, lacks the ability to run its designated wattage at a high rated temperature (30C is what it's rated at). It has also poorer voltage regulation and ripple.

Solution

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator

+1 made by seasonic so you won't have any issues with it, I have put my seasonic though alot.

but the fx 6300 isn't bad, if you do go for it i would invest in a decent heatsink and overclock it. that board I would not recommend overclocking on though, you will cook your vrms.

..... it's more than you need by a enough to make a point about it, but for the price there are far better psu's available. If going with the cx 600 is as easy as walking to a local store then sure, otherwise you can purchase a far better psu for about he same price and sometimes cheaper.

Sadly with that line the pricing relates entirely to the name Corsair, nothing more.

I have a couple still going strong years later, mind you the cx 600 was a 29.99 plus tax. if the price goes beyond 39.99 it's really not worth it even with MIR. Just spend a few dollars more or simply spend a little more time looking and you will find a much better product.

Gary915

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2015

Thanks a lot