Question help with dell xps 13 9360 issue

power777

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2014
Hello everyone, if possible i would like to hear from you to try and solve a problem i have in my pc.
i had to replace the palmrest because the suport of the hinges was broken, now that i fixed that problem, when i try to turn the computer on, it doesnt, and i get a flashing led sign wich consist when i connect the charger i see white light, but after few seconds goes off, the after a little i get 3x amber flash led and 1x white one for 7 times, after that the amber led stays on for 3 seconds and goes off, and the pc doesnt turn on. i tried to remove the batery the cmos pressed the power button for 30 seconds, turn everything on again and its allways the same error, the battery was good and everything was working good before.

thank you for your kind pacience and your time to help me

Hello everyone, if possible i would like to hear from you to try and solve a problem i have in my pc.
i had to replace the palmrest because the suport of the hinges was broken, now that i fixed that problem, when i try to turn the computer on, it doesnt, and i get a flashing led sign wich consist when i connect the charger i see white light, but after few seconds goes off, the after a little i get 3x amber flash led and 1x white one for 7 times, after that the amber led stays on for 3 seconds and goes off, and the pc doesnt turn on. i tried to remove the batery the cmos pressed the power button for 30 seconds, turn everything on again and its allways the same error, the battery was good and everything was working good before.

thank you for your kind pacience and your time to help me
Did you make sure the ram is still fully seated in place

power777

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2014
On that model, did you have to take the display loose from the mobo in order to change the hinges out? I may be misunderstanding when you say "palm rest" in relation to that.

Might be worthwhile (if you took that ribbon cable loose) to go in and check that connection. They are fiddly.

Thanks very much for your kind reply, im almost sure i conected evrything ok, today i will buy a new cmos battery, and hope for the best wich means to hope by the led code that its only the battery, i will update later.
The palmrest in this case have an inside metal(ish) structure, in wich the hinges connect, that structure is broken, and the hinges lifted up the case i mean the palmrest from the botom case, i hope i explied myselkf ok so you could not lose too much time
I see lots of people with the same problem, its amazing how an expensive brand, can make equipements like this with fragile stuff, then again i guess if you buy other brand you would get diferent problem
Thank you for your time

i put a new battery and still no image. :(

Last edited: