Help with fan configuration

PNWM123

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016
I'm building a PC for the first time and I'm using the Corsair 540 chassi. My current plan is to use the stock fans and adding a Corsair h100i. Basically two 140 mm fans in the front for intake, one 140 mm fan in the back for exhaust and the h100i in the top for exhaust.

Is this a good setup and if not then what could I do to improve it? Will it create a lot of negative pressure resulting in dust building up?

Solution
Yes, it's reasonable setup. Just make sure that all the cables are out of the way. A good air flow trumps any dust concerns. None of the solutions can guarantee dust free condition as the difference between positive and negative pressure is very small. Filters on intakes can help more.
Keeping computer of the floor and on the desk is also good prevention.
Yes, it's reasonable setup. Just make sure that all the cables are out of the way. A good air flow trumps any dust concerns. None of the solutions can guarantee dust free condition as the difference between positive and negative pressure is very small. Filters on intakes can help more.
Keeping computer of the floor and on the desk is also good prevention.

Solution

PNWM123

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016

Thank you for the reply. I'm probably over thinking it. I'll put the PC on my desk so hopefully it won't be any problem.

I tend to call computers"Hoover" because of their uncanny ability to collect dust !!!
I have found dust in electronic equipment from hospitals and surgery rooms, also in watertight enclosures. High frequency that acts like static electricity plus air flow, that's how dust collectors work !
Check it out, in dust collectors you have input fans, air (and dust) go thru high frequency electrical field, air flow is than lowered and dust particle fall down and collect to grounded surface, exactly how computers work.