Question Help With Fault Isolation - System Crashes

SC2A7

Prominent
Mar 10, 2019
Hey all, hope someone here can point me in the right direction. Just gonna direct copy the text from my post from / r/buildapc... Didn't get many replies there, and got exactly zero replies in /r/techsupport.

Troubleshooting Help:
What is your parts list?
PCPartPicker Part List
Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.
Consistent, unexplainable, full system crashes in the following games:
  • R6S (almost guaranteed, 95% chance)
  • BFV (60% chance)
  • Witcher 3 (30% chance)
  • Several other games, although crashes happen at random and are unpredictable.
Upon crash, monitor goes blank, system is unresponsive, but case, GPU, and RAM lighting remains powered. System requires a force restart to reboot. Crash likelihood seems to go up when in a voice call on Discord, though I have no stats on that. Crashes happen without regard to graphics settings.

Ryzen 1600 at a stable 3.8ghz overclock, temps never exceed 50-55deg C. Memory is not overclocked. Latest BIOS version, Windows version, and all other drivers. I have checked the crash logs, and even had a friend of mine (IT professional) comb through them and we both found nothing indicating the cause of the crash, just a sudden system power loss.
This has happened consistently with my system, even after upgrading from an RX480 to the 2070.
I've tried almost everything short of a complete clean windows install- my only hesitation with that is the amount of work involved with reinstalling all of my many programs that... take some hoops to jump through.
List anything you've done in attempt to diagnose or fix the problem.
  • Swapped RAM slots
  • Restored factory CPU clock speed
  • Changed RAM timings
  • Reverted to factory RAM speed (was at 3200 for a period)
  • Upgraded GPU
Provide any additional details you wish below.
At my wits end with this thing. Love this build, but I'm sick of not being able to participate in Siege tourneys with the boys because of my constant crashing. What should I be looking harder at? MoBo? PSU? I'm no power user/computer guru, but I feel like I know my way around a machine enough to where I should be able to figure out what's going on, but I've been stumped on this for almost a year. Any help is appreciated.