Question Help with first timer please

Nuruize

Honorable
Jul 19, 2015
Helloooo!

First time builder here looking for some advice on what case fans to get for my build please and some white or blue led light strips that I can get to put inside my case to lighten up the inside of the case to make it look nice :)

Prefer not to spend anymore than £100 if that's possible

Also if I don't plan on manually overclocking my CPU and just do it with the auto features, pbo and whatever the other ones are is the stock coolor on my cpu good enough for that or do I need a cpu cooler?

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (Purchased For £169.98)
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard (Purchased For £237.99)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory (Purchased For £173.95)
Storage: Intel 660p Series 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (Purchased For £62.99)
Storage: Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (Purchased For £89.98)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL Video Card (Purchased For £0.00)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case (Purchased For £95.83)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (Purchased For £92.99)
Sound Card: Asus STRIX RAID PRO 24-bit 192 kHz Sound Card (Purchased For £0.00)
Total: £923.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-14 21:22 GMT+0000

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You opted for a solid side case. That's going to make interior lighting quite a moot point.

Temps will be on your usage. The stock cooler can handle pbo without worries in that case, it's got very good airflow if you keep the top sealed and just use the rear exhaust fan. Or add a single top-rear fan.

With as brutal as pbo can be on VRM's, this would be my choice for cpu cooler if you opted for better performance and much quieter:
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock TF 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler (£72.21 @ CCL Computers)

Dunno if you actually purchased these parts yet, but you don't need anything close to a 750w psu, you could save a few quid and go for the same model (RM or RMx) in 550w and still be slightly over powered with that cpu/gpu combo as even a decent 450w can power it without issue.

You also don't need a sound card, unless you have a need for one, the motherboard is plenty good for headphones or even a simple 5.1 surround.

Nuruize

Honorable
Jul 19, 2015
Thanks for the replies.

The side case isn't solid it's dark tempered glass but if that's still quite dark after i've built the PC i'll just try find a replacement normal tempered glass side panel online at some point afterwards but that's why i'd like a cpu cooler with some lighting on it along with some case fans with lighting like the deepcool stuff to lighten it up inside abit but don't know what cooler will be sufficient enough to keep the 3600 nice and cool while it boosts as high as it wants to.

I want to stay away from any sort of water cooling.

Only overcloking i'll do is the automatic stuff, no manual stuff like the PBO etc.

I got that PSU for when I make upgrades I won't have to also do the PSU.

I've got that sound card because i've got a razer tiamat 7.1 v2 headset which apparently needs and is best to pair with a dedicated soundcard? Is the sound card better than my onboard audio?

Last edited:

Nuruize

Honorable
Jul 19, 2015
So i've spent majority of day looking at CPU Coolers and found all the ones I like the look of but just not sure out of them which is best.

RGB Options:
Cooler Master MasterAir MA410M
Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition
DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX GT BK
Gigabyte AORUS ATC700

None RGB Options:
ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO
be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4

Which is the best RGB one and Which is the best None RGB one and which is the best overall.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Best RGB : Deepcool Gammaxx GT BK
Best non-RGB : beQuiet Darkrock Pro 4
Best : beQuiet Darkrock Pro 4.

If you already have the rest, like the psu and sound card, they'll not hurt to have at all, and if the discrete sound card is better and recommended for use with the razor headphones, then by all means use it. And yes, its somewhat better than motherboard audio, even if at a minimum that it'll have tailored settings that most motherboards software doesn't offer. It will have DAC and amplifiers to boost power output that some headphones require and motherboards struggle with.

Nuruize

Honorable
Jul 19, 2015
Thanks! Do you know if the beQuiet Darkrock Pro 4 would fit on my motherboard without getting in the way of my ram slots, will be using 2 ram sticks

With the soundcard I got this amp box thing but don't really know if I should be plugging all my headphone jacks directly into the sound card or plugging the amp box into the soundcard and plugging my headphones into that but the box doesn't have all the jacks for the headphones it just has 1 headphone jack and 1 mic jack...

TRENDING THREADS