Help with Gaming Build.

kingjbc

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
Hello, i am going to build a new gaming pc in Australia. I have a list of parts and would like some opinions on it. I would also like to know if there are any possible incompatibilities with it. i have no real budget but I would prefer to keep it around 1.5k (AUD), the build is on pcpartpicker located here http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/26PQi , thanks.

Solution
Firstly I own both a z87 extreme 3 and 4 motherboards and I personally really think its worth spending a little bit more to get the extreme 4. The extreme 3 pcb is very flimsy and only has an 8 power phase design, where is the extreme 4 has a great deal more features as well as an 12 power phase design which is far better to use for stable overclocks.

kingjbc

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013

Not right away, but I would to give me the potential to overclock without scrapping most of the machine.

SuctionDrop

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
Firstly I own both a z87 extreme 3 and 4 motherboards and I personally really think its worth spending a little bit more to get the extreme 4. The extreme 3 pcb is very flimsy and only has an 8 power phase design, where is the extreme 4 has a great deal more features as well as an 12 power phase design which is far better to use for stable overclocks.

Solution

kingjbc

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013

Ok thanks, I have decided to et the extreme 4 instead. Any other reccomendations?

TRENDING THREADS