[SOLVED] Help with GPU problems

Solution
The only thing I can think of that would systematically only affect red pixels across games and applications would be the LVDS cable between the GPU and panel.

Try an external monitor/TV, see if you get the pixel issue on that too.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your laptop? An SKU will help us two fold. Might want to see what your current laptop motherboard's BIOS version is. If you don't know how to find the BISO version, use CPOU-Z, it should be listed under Mainboard tab.

As for your laptop, what OS are you working on? What games are you taxing the laptop with?

Dec 8, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your laptop? An SKU will help us two fold. Might want to see what your current laptop motherboard's BIOS version is. If you don't know how to find the BISO version, use CPOU-Z, it should be listed under Mainboard tab.

As for your laptop, what OS are you working on? What games are you taxing the laptop with?

My laptop is MSI GS65 StealthThin 8RE. I don't think my BIOS matters as I haven't messed with my BIOS since having the laptop, and I've had it for more that 3 years. I run Windows 10 (Latest). I ran Horizon Zero Dawn at a steady 60 on High setting and got no artifacting while playing. Currently playing Modded Skyrim SE, but the artifacting happens with or without mods.

Edit : When I switched to ultra, the artifacting(?) in the sky stopped. This is confusing me

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2021
My laptop is MSI GS65 StealthThin 8RE. I don't think my BIOS matters as I haven't messed with my BIOS since having the laptop, and I've had it for more that 3 years. I run Windows 10 (Latest). I ran Horizon Zero Dawn at a steady 60 on High setting and got no artifacting while playing. Currently playing Modded Skyrim SE, but the artifacting happens with or without mods.

Edit : When I switched to ultra, the artifacting(?) in the sky stopped. This is confusing me

Further Edit : Red Flickering only happens on dark (black, dark gray, etc) pixels, whether its a game or a movie. This only happens on a few of the dark pixels on display, but it doesn't happen, for example, on snow textures there is no flickering.

InvalidError

Titan
The only thing I can think of that would systematically only affect red pixels across games and applications would be the LVDS cable between the GPU and panel.

Try an external monitor/TV, see if you get the pixel issue on that too.

Solution