[SOLVED] Help with GTX 1070

Ringiku

Reputable
Sep 11, 2015
I recently bought a Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 8GB OC Edition to swap out with my Gigabyte Geforce GTX 960 G1 Gaming 4GB. when I swapped the GPU the screen was plank and I checked the connection twice and it is in. I ended up swapping back. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs.
Asus Prime X370-Pro
AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Corsair Vengence RGB Pro (2 x8GB)
600w EVGA Psu
Windows 10 Pro

Solution
I have never clear my BIOS how would I go about it?

Do you have latest BIOS version installed on your system ? Is the Monitor's display totally blank/black, or you can at least see the BIOS POST screen ?

Anyways, the easiest way to clear the CMOS is to enter the BIOS setup utility and choose Reset BIOS Settings to their factory default levels.

The exact menu option in your particular motherboard's BIOS may differ but look for phrases like reset to default, factory default, clear BIOS, load setup defaults, etc. Every manufacturer seems to have their own way of wording it. The BIOS Settings option is usually located near the bottom of the screen, or at the end of your BIOS options...

Ringiku

Reputable
Sep 11, 2015
Try to clear and reset the CMOS/BIOS settings to default, and then try gain. Make sure to plug the PCI-E power cables to the GPU as well. Update your system BIOS, if required.

Exact Model of your EVGA PSU ?

My PSU is the EVGA 600 BQ, 80+ Bronze Semi-Modular and is 2 years old. I have never clear my BIOS how would I go about it?

I have never clear my BIOS how would I go about it?

Do you have latest BIOS version installed on your system ? Is the Monitor's display totally blank/black, or you can at least see the BIOS POST screen ?

Anyways, the easiest way to clear the CMOS is to enter the BIOS setup utility and choose Reset BIOS Settings to their factory default levels.

The exact menu option in your particular motherboard's BIOS may differ but look for phrases like reset to default, factory default, clear BIOS, load setup defaults, etc. Every manufacturer seems to have their own way of wording it. The BIOS Settings option is usually located near the bottom of the screen, or at the end of your BIOS options, depending on how it's structured. If you're having trouble finding it, look close to where the Save or Save & Exit options are because they're usually around those.

Another way to clear CMOS is to reseat the CMOS battery. Start by making sure your computer is unplugged. Next, open up your computer's case if you're using a desktop PC, or find and open the small CMOS battery panel if you're using a tablet or laptop computer.

Finally, remove the CMOS battery for a few minutes and then put it back in. Close the case or battery panel and then plug in, or reattach the computer's main battery. By disconnecting and then reconnecting the CMOS battery, you remove the source of power that saves your computer's BIOS settings, resetting them to default.

Another way to clear the CMOS is to short the CLEAR CMOS jumper on your motherboard, assuming your motherboard has one. Make sure your computer is unplugged and then open it up. Look around your motherboard's surface for a jumper with the CLEAR CMOS label, which will be located on the motherboard and near the jumper. These jumpers are often located near the BIOS chip itself or next to the CMOS battery. Some other names by which you might see this jumper labeled include CLRPWD, PASSWORD, or even just CLEAR.

Do all these things VERY carefully, if you are not comfortable, then ask someone else for help, if need be.

Solution

Ringiku

Reputable
Sep 11, 2015

The exact menu option in your particular motherboard's BIOS may differ but look for phrases like reset to default, factory default, clear BIOS, load setup defaults, etc. Every manufacturer seems to have their own way of wording it. The BIOS Settings option is usually located near the bottom of the screen, or at the end of your BIOS options, depending on how it's structured. If you're having trouble finding it, look close to where the Save or Save & Exit options are because they're usually around those.

Another way to clear CMOS is to reseat the CMOS battery. Start by making sure your computer is unplugged. Next, open up your computer's case if you're using a desktop PC, or find and open the small CMOS battery panel if you're using a tablet or laptop computer.

Finally, remove the CMOS battery for a few minutes and then put it back in. Close the case or battery panel and then plug in, or reattach the computer's main battery. By disconnecting and then reconnecting the CMOS battery, you remove the source of power that saves your computer's BIOS settings, resetting them to default.

Another way to clear the CMOS is to short the CLEAR CMOS jumper on your motherboard, assuming your motherboard has one. Make sure your computer is unplugged and then open it up. Look around your motherboard's surface for a jumper with the CLEAR CMOS label, which will be located on the motherboard and near the jumper. These jumpers are often located near the BIOS chip itself or next to the CMOS battery. Some other names by which you might see this jumper labeled include CLRPWD, PASSWORD, or even just CLEAR.

Do all these things VERY carefully, if you are not comfortable, then ask someone else for help, if need be.
This worked! thanks for the help mate!!

Reactions: Metal Messiah.