Question Help with how to read SSD card

Jul 13, 2024
Laptop packed up and took it apart to locate the storage. I have all my work time sheets stored on it.

I want to try and retrieve all the files that were on my old laptop, so I took out the SSD where everything is stored.

My question is, if anybody could help, is what specific device do I need to buy that I can connect to the SSD and to hopefully plug it in via USB on another PC to be able to retrieve all my saved files.

Here is a picture of the laptop SSD.
20240713-165105.jpg

Jul 13, 2024
Amazing stuff and fantastic quick replies. I sincerely thank you

Rokinamerica & USAFRet

I wasn't sure what to buy. I hope it will be easy to just connect it and have access to everything stored on it without any hitches. Also, I'm guessing, once I've got the files off the SSD could I then simply delete everything on it and use it as a USB storage device. Thanks again for you r help.

Reactions: Rokinamerica

Rokinamerica

Estimable
Nov 30, 2021
I replaced my NVMe SSD and used the one I took out with an enclosure like the one I linked and it was recognized immediately. I also use it as a mobile storage device now. You should be fine and enjoy!

USAFRet

Titan
Amazing stuff and fantastic quick replies. I sincerely thank you

Rokinamerica & USAFRet

I wasn't sure what to buy. I hope it will be easy to just connect it and have access to everything stored on it without any hitches. Also, I'm guessing, once I've got the files off the SSD could I then simply delete everything on it and use it as a USB storage device. Thanks again for you r help.
Well, you may have issues accessing your files, depending on where they are. Permissions, etc.

Get it connected, see what happens, and we can go from there.

Jul 13, 2024
Excellent, I'm so relieved I can get all my files back. I'll be going to Amazon now to buy one. Thank you kindly for your help, have a great weekend.