[SOLVED] Help with inserting 3.5" HDD into enclosure

Nov 19, 2019
Hello,

I'm having trouble inserting a 3.5" SATA HDD into a USB 3.0 enclosure. Between the power and data connectors is a seemingly fixed small piece of plastic on the drive that is blocked by a piece of plastic in the same spot on the enclosure. A picture is here:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/6473/pnZZaI.jpg

Has anyone run into this problem before? Do I need to use a special type of USB 3.0 enclosure for the HDD?

Solution
i have never seen a sas external enclosure, there are removable trays to put that hard disk, on a 5.25" bay

afik internally it needs a sas controller, so if you find a unit that can connect to it, you nee a controller on the pc reading the contents on it

i think you should be able to sell it, and buy a normal sata ssd or hard disk, avoid the sas problem
Ah, your hard drive isn't SATA, its SAS
61YXd6OtKVL._SL1200_.jpg

Reactions: bensamuels

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
i have never seen a sas external enclosure, there are removable trays to put that hard disk, on a 5.25" bay

afik internally it needs a sas controller, so if you find a unit that can connect to it, you nee a controller on the pc reading the contents on it

i think you should be able to sell it, and buy a normal sata ssd or hard disk, avoid the sas problem

Reactions: bensamuels
Solution