[SOLVED] Help with keyboard selection

JohnDon9

Honorable
Nov 3, 2016
My Cherry Stream SX Wired keyboard started acting up, shift key got stuck. So I wanted to try something else and I bought Cherry KC 6000 Slim and I realized how much I miss a few things:
  • Stream has a little more spaced keys, KC 6000 feel crammed together
  • I need pause/play since I play youtube music a lot; KC only has volume keys
  • Control key is little wider, so Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V are (feel) closer than on KC
So, before I buy another Stream keyboard, same as old one, would like to see if anybody has any recommendations.

Best option would be Stream + backlight.

Any recommendations?

Solution
I see the K5 is full size, also quite slim. Any chance they hide their wired version somewhere?

the keyboard comes with a usb wire. the wireless is to draw more attention.

the k5 is good too, sorry i didnt mean to suggest the smaller keyboard, the K5 is also a excellent choice, and it comes with a wired port and a wire, my anne pro 2 is advertised as wireless but i use wired everyday.

if you check the description youll see that it comes with a wired port as well.

Nephern

Prominent
Sep 20, 2022
Alright ill take a look, i personally like the anne pro 2, but its 60%, personally i like that because i use low DPI and i have a relatively small desk.

Do you want Reds, browns or blues?

Red: fully linear, no click

Brown: tactile, but not a loud click

Blue: tactile and heavy click, can sometimes need extra force to get full actuation.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I really like my Logitech Craft keyboard. It is well built and sturdy. Comes with a big knob that is most handy for music (and some other apps).
It is fully wireless and Bluetooth and has the ability to pair with 3 devices. I have been getting upwards of a week at a time of use per charge with the backlight on. Heavy use is 4-5 days.

The keys are very much like a laptop or media keyboard type feel. Soft rather than clicky like a mechanical. They have a very shallow travel which took a bit of getting used to but afterward I prefer much more.

The keyboard offers some integration with mouse that apparently will pair up all the same from the keyboards connection, but I haven't explored that option.

Nephern

Prominent
Sep 20, 2022
logitech is overpriced and the switches are terrible, and when i say terrible i mean TERRIBLE, never buy keyboards from them, mice are fine and i use one daily but never buy logitech.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
logitech is overpriced and the switches are terrible, and when i say terrible i mean TERRIBLE, never buy keyboards from them, mice are fine and i use one daily but never buy logitech.

I appreciate your opinion on them. I like Logitech in general and utilize several of their keyboards. The super inexpensive wired MK series keyboard and mouse they offer is a great budget set. Their mid range offers things not readily found with other makes, such as the K series with the touchpad...

Now that I am gushing like a shill...anyway, to each their own.

Nephern

Prominent
Sep 20, 2022
Interesting. Do they have same version, without a knob?

Its 169.99, way too much for something that feels like crap. Logitech has never been good in the keyboard field, they know theyre overpricing you for a 50$ keyboard, and they will continue to do so until the end of their business. NEVER go with logitech when it comes to keyboards.

Nephern

Prominent
Sep 20, 2022
ive done about a year in building custom keyboards, ive used logitech and ive used my own custom mechanical keyboards, and even the stock mechanical keyboards, like keychron and anne pro, ducky, any one of those mechanical keyboards, and by far, any of the mechanical keyboards, even the cheap ones, feel far better than any logitech keyboard ive ever touched.

Nephern

Prominent
Sep 20, 2022
I see the K5 is full size, also quite slim. Any chance they hide their wired version somewhere?

the keyboard comes with a usb wire. the wireless is to draw more attention.

the k5 is good too, sorry i didnt mean to suggest the smaller keyboard, the K5 is also a excellent choice, and it comes with a wired port and a wire, my anne pro 2 is advertised as wireless but i use wired everyday.

if you check the description youll see that it comes with a wired port as well.

Solution