Question Help with laptop model names (to avoid)

wicked_sticky

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2015
Ive bought an aspire 5 model not realizing knowing its a budget/delicate laptop

Dell, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Acer... what are the low end model families to avoid from each mfr.?

Dell, Asus,
Stay with these if you want quality and performance. They are higher in price than the others though.

HP, Lenovo, Acer
These brands for the most part are the budget laptops especially the gaming ones. Don't get me wrong they all have their "high tier" models that are expensive and good but I guess it depends on the price range you are looking for.

wicked_sticky

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2015
Stay with these if you want quality and performance. They are higher in price than the others though.

These brands for the most part are the budget laptops especially the gaming ones. Don't get me wrong they all have their "high tier" models that are expensive and good but I guess it depends on the price range you are looking for.
All these brands make mostly cheap budget laptops. Acer Aspire 1, 3, 5 all terrible I think the 7's+u are no longer lowest end quality.

Asus Vivobooks are the worst quality laptops out these (r some of them are anyway)

Reactions: mctrader07

NOT_PROVIDED_16

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2015
Regardless of brand, whenever I want to buy any kind of tech. I always look to see if spare parts are available to purchase.
Say if the touchpad stopped working are replacements available? I own a Lenovo Ultrabook from 2015, the touchpad stopped working in 2017. I contacted Lenovo they said you can't buy a replacement, they recommended I buy a new laptop...

In the past, I've always stuck to Dell. I've always found their laptops to be well made and not made from cheap flimsy plastic. plus I've never had any problems getting replacement parts.