Question Help with Lian Li Galahad II Trinity Performance wiring.

Spazzo

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2016
7hN4qvE.jpg

The wiring of the Lian Li pump has 4 wires. One is optional (for mobo sync, which I will not use). The second one is a SATA which goes to the PS, the third goes to a USB socket on the mobo, but that last one I need help with. The manual says it's a 4 pin PWM. I assume it talks to the CPU. Which socket on the MB do I use? There's a CPU_Fan, CPU_OPT, and a SYS_FAN4_PUMP socket.

Thanks so much

You would connect the pump to the SYS_FAN4_PUMP socket and verify in the bios that it is set to run at 100 percent all of the time. The fan connector from the radiator is connected to the CPU-FAN connector.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You can use literally any one of them, but don't use CPU_OPT. CPU_OPT runs slave to whatever CPU_FAN is set to.
Advertised pump headers are preset to 100% for simplicity's sake, though there's nothing stopping you from using other headers and manually setting them to run 100%.
SATA does the same thing as the advertised pump headers, but doesn't report pump rpm. It can free up a mobo header if your mobo doesn't have any to spare.