Help with missing HDD upon Upgrade to SSD

udit1311

Honorable
Oct 31, 2014
Hi,

I just installed a new SSD drive in my custom built PC which I'm setting up to be the OS host as well as to install a few important programs on it.

My 2TB Seagate drive which I was using earlier is now hosting much of the media which I have.

Now, prior to installing the new SSD, The 2TB Seagate drive was my OS drive & media hold as well. Apart from which I'm using a separate 750GB WD laptop HDD to hold my music collection. Now the weird part, since the time I installed the SSD & formatted the 2TB drive to hold media files, the 750GB one does not show up under My Computer in explorer. In fact, it doesn't appear anywhere but the HDD Sentinel software interface, which identifies it properly & displays the free/occupied space correctly.

Would appreciate any help fixing this issue. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hi there udit1311,

This is an internal drive right? After the testing software recognizes it, the drive is most probably listed under Disk Management. So, you should go to Disk Management and see whether it has healthy partitions as well as file system. Also, check out whether it has a letter assigned.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD
Hi there udit1311,

This is an internal drive right? After the testing software recognizes it, the drive is most probably listed under Disk Management. So, you should go to Disk Management and see whether it has healthy partitions as well as file system. Also, check out whether it has a letter assigned.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD

Solution

udit1311

Honorable
Oct 31, 2014

Thanks D_Know_WD. Yes it's an internal drive. Am away from the PC at the moment, will get to it & post back the results of looking it up in the Disk Mgmt console.

Also, any chance you could advise me on how many drives I can hook up to my PC, my Mobo model is Gigabyte H97M-D3H. Currently I've got a Kingston 240GB SSD as the main drive, a 2TB Seagate 7200RPM (Standard Desktop Drive) & the 750GB WD (old laptop HDD), although I intend on adding much more storage to it eventually. The cabinet model is Corsair 200R, it has the provision for me to connect 4x 3.5" HDDs & 4x SSDs/2.5" HDDs simultaneously. Just wanna be sure if my Mobo will be able to take it, without any drop in overall performance. Thanks!

Appreciate the help. :)

udit1311

Honorable
Oct 31, 2014
The disk management console did the trick, even though I lost the data on the drive as I had to format & re-initialize it before use. Good thing I backed up the data prior to installing the new SSD. Thanks for the help D_Know_WD!