Question Help with monitor and peripherals suddenly not working "out of nowhere" ?

Nov 10, 2021
Okay, so i dont really know where to go to get help with this so i thought i would start here and see if any kind souls could help me out.
Last night while i was playing some modded minecraft my peripherals (bluetooth headset, usb keyboard and mouse) and monitor suddenly "lost connection". The monitor turned black and the screen stated no displayport connection, right before it happened (1-2s) i got some high pitched noise through the headset. The keyboard's lighting went off and the keys became unresponsive.

I first just tried restarting the computer to no avail. unplugging the PSU didnt help either. I noticed that the VGA lamp had lit up on my MOBO.
I have tried replugging GPU, re-insterted both my RAM sticks, updating the BIOS with flash (i saw someone else on a different forum with a similar problem to me fix their problem with this. I think i updated it correctly, but cant confirm it since i have no access to the BIOS menu), re-plugging the PSU cables and moving the GPU to the second slot.

Nothing has worked so far so i was wondering if anyone has any similar experiences or might know what might be causing the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This is my first build i did back in July. back then it POST-ed perfectly and i have not had any problems until now.

This is the parts i have:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING WIFI
PSU: CORSAIR RM750x
SSD: Kingston A2000 1tb NvMe M.2
Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
RAM: HyperX Fury RGB DDR4 3200 Mhz 2x8 GB
GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 3070ti TUF OC
Case: NZXT H710

Peripherals: Logitech G413, Logitech G305, steelseries arctis 7
i dont have any spare parts, so testing parts is kind of difficult for me.

Nov 10, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Pertaining to your BIOS FlashBack option on the motherboard, did you follow through instructions mentioned in your motherboard manual, pages 2-12(section 2.2)? If so, then you should be on the latest BIOS, provided you sourced the right BIOS file from Asus support site for your motherboard.

Thank you,
I followed the guide in the manual as well as the guide in Asus's FAQ [Motherboard] How to use USB BIOS FlashBack™? | Official Support | ASUS Global . The latest BIOS version I was able to find is version 2423 and it is the version I have attempted to update my BIOS to.

Nov 10, 2021
I have now tried to make the build work on a different MOBO (MSI MAG x570 Tomahawk wifi) with no better results. i am picking up some new ram later today and hope changing ram wil solve the issue

Edit: New RAM did not resolve the issue :/

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2021
Hey, i started having the exact same problem few weeks ago, and still got no luck in resolving it, searched all around the net, but nothing helped, you got any updates?

Nov 10, 2021
Hey, i started having the exact same problem few weeks ago, and still got no luck in resolving it, searched all around the net, but nothing helped, you got any updates?
I apologize for the late reply. since you started having the problem I assume it is a reoccuring issue. In my case the computer just ceased to boot so it might not be the exactly same issue. Changing the CPU did it for me. hopefully you get your issue fixed.