Question Help with motherboard Q-Codes

robinmishra

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2012
today I buy tizum USB Type-C to Micro-B USB 3.0 online and I connect my Seagate backup plus hub 4TB desktop portable hard drive with it; after that on motherboard Q-LED showing code 81, and if I connect normal USB 3.0 Cable - A Male to Micro B its showing AA code. Hard Drive working fine right now.
This thing happened before but that time I buy without brand cable so I thought that cable is not correct.
M.b. Asus Prime Delux ii

Lutfij

Titan
You sure it's not 81 and not B1? Page A-3. Read this thread.

I'm assuming that the portable HDD is plugged in to the motherboard's type-C port even when the system is powered down and when powered up from idling cold. If so, please stop doing that. If you need a portable HDD to be connected at all times, why didn't you move to buy an internal HDD for your system?

On a side note, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on for your motherboard? What version of Windows 10(assuming you're working with Windows 10) are you on?

robinmishra

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2012
Hi
thanks for the reply, it's not a portable HDD its an external desktop hard disk, I know that a portable HDD does not connect all time to any divice.
about the BIOS so yesterday I update BIOS and I don't think there is an issue.
I think these thunderbolt ports support only thunderbolt devices not all types of devices because last year I buy a cheap (nonbrand cable ) and the same issue comes.
and most important thing there is nothing change comes to the speed of data transfer.