Help with my computer...

Elvis N YoonA

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2013
Hello guys , I just RMA my Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X 2nd time and got my third card , i have the same problem as the first and second card . The problem is that when i am gaming my screen suddenly turn black or you could say it auto restart my computers after a some minutes you could say it is a C4 without a timer(sometimes 5minutes , sometimes 1 hour , any idea how to fix it ? card? I tried run furmark and it restart after around 10minutes , will it fix if i try to set the clock to 2000?

Video Link : Skip to 5:50 (I didn't restart the computer , it restart i self) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIeYvdAIJHk

Note : i could play some games in lower graphic(does not work with watch dog)

My specs :

Processor : Intel i7 - 4770
MOBO : MSI B85 - G43
RAM : G-skill Aegis 4GBx2
SSD : Corsair Force GT 128GB
HDD : HGST 1TB Storage
GPU : Sapphire R9 3GB DDR5 280X Vapor-X
PSU : Cooler Master V750s Semi Modulator

Keeno99

Distinguished
May 24, 2014
I don't know It's could be another computer component. If anything it would be your Mobo but it looks ok. What GPU were you using before you got this one, or is this what you have had since you got it?

Elvis N YoonA

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2013

I am using r9 280x since the first card keep RMA the same card still :( but i tried with other card like Radeon HD7970 , no issues

CGurrell

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
Have a look to see if there are any drivers from another GPU installed (I know the 280x is your first card but remove all of your drivers then reinstall the drivers for the 280). It does sound like it could also be a PSU issue, gonna have a look at the specs of the CM V750s now just to check it's not that.

EDIT: just had a look and it looks ok, if you can try the card in another system to see if it's a problematic card or another component in the system, and even try a PCI-E x8 lane on your board to check if it's a faulty x16 lane.