help with my pc

drakehotbling

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016
hello guys.. i saw that this is very helpful forum and i might use some help here..my pc is
gtx 580 3gb

i7 2600K

8GB of RAM

so my stupid cat cutted the fan's cpu which i remember had came with the i7 and i bought one used coz i found none new in my country and i cant order it online neither..gotta go to the store to buy it..so i need to buy new one.. went to another one called cx cpu cooler version cx610k p / intel according to the box of it !.. and my pc is still insanely hot.. i tried everything.. putting thermal past , cleaning all of it , none works. none. downloaded speedfan and it says that there is only one fan working which is the cpu's fan ! and others are not working that is according to the program but i've checked all of them and all 4 works perfectly.. so i need some help please maybe cx cooler cpu is not compatible with my i7 processor or what's wrong here? help plesae

Solution
a good quality cpu cooler will help keep your cpu temps down. i run liquid cooling in my pc but there are several air coolers that work well. what temps are you running? cpu's can handle up to about 70 celsius

koorite

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
a good quality cpu cooler will help keep your cpu temps down. i run liquid cooling in my pc but there are several air coolers that work well. what temps are you running? cpu's can handle up to about 70 celsius

Solution

drakehotbling

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016

i am semi pro csgo player.. so i play csgo a lot..

once i open my pc it's like 40-45c ... then when i open music player, chrome , etc.. it's between 50 and 60 and when i play it reaches 90c which leads my pc for automatic shut down.. and i can't play or practice and it really annoys me

Rabmac

Reputable
Nov 29, 2015
I can't say for certain but every time I have used Speed fan all my temperature readings have become unreliable as they are either saying it is ridiculously hot (which can't be true because machine would turn off at the temps it says) or ridiculously cold (again it can't be true that my CPU is much colder than the room temp).

If you are not over clocking then the stock CPU cooler will be fine but if you overclock you are going to have to look at more powerful cooling options.

I also suggest that you clean your case, components and fans as dust will impact the performance of your cooling and cause your components to overheat.

Use compressed air to blow dust off the components (make sure you turn it off) can clean fans with damp cloth and hoover the dust from the case (as long as you don't go near components).

kodaxmax

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2013
Programs can only detect fans plugged directly into the motherboard.

As long as it sits below 50 degrees Celsius with no programs running (idle) you dont need to worry.

koorite

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015

yeah, 90 degrees is way too hot for your cpu to handle. i would recommend a good aftermarket cooler and quality thermal paste.

drakehotbling

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016