[SOLVED] Help with my PSU

darklord.dl62

Commendable
Jan 23, 2018
So.. I think my psu is starting to die considering its from like 2011-2014..
I’ve been thinking If I should order a Corsair VS450 450W or a 550W one? Also are any of these compatible with my mobo or components and If they are compatible which one should I get?
specs are :
i3 4170
GTx 1050ti
Biostar h81mhv3
8gb of team elite ram
1TB WB Blue HDD
And i forgot how much gb was my this HDD but its only the one mentioned above and this one that i forgot

Solution
Most plug into the motherboard, others connect to the case and possibly the GPU. The VS though are very low quality which is why I recommended the grey label CX/CXM PSU.

Your PC won't explode but a cheap PSU such as the VS series could ruin your 1050 ti, other parts or in the most extreme situation catch on fire.

WildCard999

Titan
Corsair VS PSU's are low quality and not something I would recommend using in a gaming build. Save up for a grey label CX or CXM Corsair as those are better quality, 450W would be sufficient for the current build but 550W would allow for better upgrades.

darklord.dl62

Commendable
Jan 23, 2018
Corsair VS PSU's are low quality and not something I would recommend using in a gaming build. Save up for a grey label CX or CXM Corsair as those are better quality, 450W would be sufficient for the current build but 550W would allow for better upgrades.

I’m not really familliar with PSUs but will all the wires of the VS 450 or 550 be plugged on my motherboard? and will my Pc not explode if I get the 450 xd

WildCard999

Titan
Most plug into the motherboard, others connect to the case and possibly the GPU. The VS though are very low quality which is why I recommended the grey label CX/CXM PSU.

Your PC won't explode but a cheap PSU such as the VS series could ruin your 1050 ti, other parts or in the most extreme situation catch on fire.

Solution

darklord.dl62

Commendable
Jan 23, 2018

Uhh i see some on the market place with yellow text VS and ones with grey text VS.. im a lil bit dense sorry LOL also they are about on the same price