Help with new build please :)

aidan_grunsell

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
Hey guys, I'm starting a new rig and would like some help with components and advice please
I've decided on a sabertooth z77 mobo and a 3570k chip, gskill ripjaws 16gb 2133mhz ram, EVGA gtx 660 ftw sig 2 GPU and it's going into a coolermaster cm690 ii advnaced black and white edition, so my questions are is this all compatable?? And what fans should I get? I've been looking at phanteks or should I go for the noctua dh-14?? Which is better? Also would a 600w coolermaster silent pro gold 80+ be enough for the whole lot? Il be using this build for some rendering but mostly heavy gaming, will be looking to overclock aswell. any advice will be greatly apriecated!Thanks in advance guys!!

all is compatible and a great build, a 600watt psu is more than enough for that system even in 660gtx sli, and being gold 80plus is always good, i dont think there is much difference performance wise from the phanteks and the notcua, there both great coolers, it comes down to size of the cooler, and personal preference rlly

aidan_grunsell

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013

Thanks for the reply! And sorry for the slow reply aha, I've even at work for the last million years!! But thanks! Alright that is good to know I've already started to order bits for it! I personally prefer the phanteks as it looks slightly better than the noctua and you can also get it in alot of different colours, I was also wandering about case fans what would be the best case fans to buy? I'm thinking I need about 9/10 fans, 2 140mm, and re rest 120mm I think but not sure what the best case fans under £15 each are??

Corsair make great fans, but are over ur budget each but they bundle two fans for like $26, and bitfenix make nice fans with great leds and cooling again slightly higher per fan, cooler master makes good fans for under $10 each, also for the 140mms phantek makes the ones used for the coolers but are about $20 a piece. If want buy the important ones u dont have then start replacing