Question help with new gpu please been a long night

Sep 25, 2020
been a real long night curretly 830 ish in morn

got a new gpu last night a 5700xt, been searching for months, swapped for my 2070s cause higher hash rate

got home threw it everything worked like a charm till i decide to update the drivers via radeon. simple fix right unistall them, unfortunately not.

not only did it change my res to a locked 600 x 480 ( did googling freaked out thinking bad card) threw my old rx 580 in to test same thing.
tried everything i could think of or find online that seemed semi credable, pixel patcher ddu, fresh instal of windows but alas to no avail thank fully the 580 doing it to tells me its not the 5700xt

I FOUND a work around for the res issue in the radeon software in setting display customiseable res (needed to bust out an old 7 inch 1264x600 moniter to be able to click ok and create.

and i thought i was well off to the races, got set up for the night loaded up a day or two worth of dbz episode and movie in order to find out i have no sound now/also and yes from eithher card even with a second reinstall of windows so ive spent many hours trying to combat the audio issue updating uninstalling rolling back all the driver including radeon software from the x.5.2 to x.4.1 forgive the x's cant remember first number off top of my head.

its safe to say i am lost like no tomorrow and have run out of ideas (not all have been listed here)

specs of pc
ryzen 5 5600x
aorus b450 pro mobo
5700xt n rx 580
16gb ram
850w psu

as i was typing this i did try to go swap back to the 600 x 480 res to see if itd play sound like that to now find in display setting on windows im locked to 1650x1050 ( i use a tv so it fits nicer than 1920x1080) so now off to figure that one pout

also trouble shooter reckons all is well and work in dev mngr its all listed properly and reckons drivers are up to date ive tried swapping hdmi cord out for displayu port on both cards and no luck

any and all ideas are welcome or if youve had this problem that wasnt solved by sending a card back please let me know

Sep 25, 2020
also the radeon software keeps telling me theyve found a burg to report but doesnt tell me any code or anything this is still happening after everything else just happened again and reminded me

Sep 25, 2020
hold up just come up in my dev mngr one of the audio drvr is experiencing powerfailures will investigate

edit repluged it in return pc on still no luck but the fualt has "gone" in dev mngr but still getting the driver bug report error

further edit dug through the spare room dug out an old rx 460 4gb same issure 600x480 no sounds

might retry windows install

next edit found an old hd5450 1gb drr3 didnt have a resizing issue but still no sound have also tried unistalling and reinstalling realtek by unistalling and reupdating windows but no luck yet

Last edited: