Mar 1, 2012
Hi all,

My Dad currently has

Windows 10 64bit pro
Ryzen 5 1600x six core processor 3.6ghz
32 GB Ram DDR4 2666mhz 2 of 4 slots used
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
4 SSD drives

I would like to know if this motherboard would be okay as an upgrade and all parts etc would fit and be compatible?

ASRock B450M Steel Legend AMD Motherboard

ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 AMD Motherboard

and also which motherboard is best for gaming?

Also I would like to get him M.2 Drives for his steam and origin account.

Thanks Richard

Solution
Both motherboards are great I have used both of them but with the fatal1ty I had some problems with the ethernet internet. When I was playing games I had big ping spikes while with a USB wifi antenna I hadn't. As an extra stell legend has beautiful RGB lighting. With compatibility, you will be fine with both motherboards
Dec 19, 2020
Both motherboards are great I have used both of them but with the fatal1ty I had some problems with the ethernet internet. When I was playing games I had big ping spikes while with a USB wifi antenna I hadn't. As an extra stell legend has beautiful RGB lighting. With compatibility, you will be fine with both motherboards

Reactions: lofthouse1982
Solution
Dec 19, 2020
The point is to match your case. An mATX board is nice and small but one doesn't make an ATX case any smaller.

I also like mATX for their size...actually I like miniITX even more but those boards, and their cases and PSU's, are much scarcer and more expensive
Yeah i know i personaly love small factor builds and one day i want to build one but smaller components=bigger price.

As for the case if he has it in a lower position the gpu will cover the empty case below.