Question Help with poor performance from 5700XT

GimlisGHOST

Honorable
Apr 3, 2017
System specs:
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT (blower style the first ones released)
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
MOBO: Gigabyte b550 Aorus elite V2
Monitor: AOC Q3279WG5B (2560x1440p @ 75hz)
RAM: GSkill TridentZ neo DDR4 3600 16GBx2

So ever since I got this card the day the 5700xts launched ive always had problems with it in terms of poor performance. It seems no matter what setting I put games to high,med,low etc it struggles to get a constant 60fps in pretty much every game I play and if i do manage to get 60fps its not a constant smooth 60 and is riddled with micro stutters. The games that I play and have trouble with is Cyberpunk 2077 (FSR helps but still not stable),Fallout 4, Warhammer 3, BF 2042, Warhammer Darktide, Kingdom come deliverance, Age of wonders planetfall, skyrim with mods, pretty much any relevant game today I play. I upgraded to 32gb ram because i wanted more and hoped it would help with my performance in some games and it did by a very small margin mostly just speed up my desktop tasks. Ive been trying to fix things myself by doing research and trying different solutions but none seem to do the trick of helping with getting my games to run at a stable 60 fps. I updated my chipset drivers, reflashed the bios and of course running on the latest gpu driver but still no help. I finally figured out how to get the radeon overlay to work while in game and noticed that my gpu VRAM usage is at 7900 MB out of the 8000 MB so i dont know if that the problem or not becuase the gpu utilization is at 100%. I am just stuck with this thing and tired of it not performing like it should because even at med settings I should be getting a stable 60 fps in games I know ultra at 2K is very taxing and to be honest med looks pretty much the same to me so thats why i usually run med-high but again cant get stable 60 fps. I would appreciate any help you all can give on what the problem is/could be and thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited:

GimlisGHOST

Honorable
Apr 3, 2017
Are you sure that it's an RX 5700 XT? I only ask because there is no such thing as a Radeon "Founder's Edition". That title is only given to nVidia GeForce cards.
Yea its an RX 5700 XT. I call it a founders because i dont know what radeon calls the first series of the card. Its the blower style one from gigabyte that i bought on launch day. My bad for confusion on the naming.

Reactions: Avro Arrow
Yea its an RX 5700 XT. I call it a founders because i dont know what radeon calls the first series of the card. Its the blower style one from gigabyte that i bought on launch day. My bad for confusion on the naming.
Ah, ok. Yeah, I figured that was it but I just wanted to be sure. That's called a "Reference Card" or, as I call it, "OG ATi". You'd be surprised at how many people have gotten the naming wrong because of RX and RTX getting mixed up.

TRENDING THREADS