Question Help with ram Mhz.

Netherbound6

Prominent
Nov 15, 2020
Ok i have a Msi X470 motherboard with a Ryzen 5 1600 cpu and i have 16gb of ddr4. Coursair 3200mhz Vengence RGB pro. Rx590 and samsung 980 m.2. I decided to get another 2x8 kit to make 32gb. I am sure its the same speed and set. I updated my bios, And set A-XMP profile 2. And it says the correct timing, the correct speed in the bios. But CPU-Z and task manager tells me my ram is running at 1066. Any advice is much appreciated. I have been reading and looking for hours now.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Not just the timing, that doesn't mean identical. Details matter and there are hundreds of threads on site regarding mixing memory. That is why I asked.

First generation Ryzen are also very picky when it comes to memory, especially when using all four slots. You may simply not be able to run at the memory's rated speed.

Have you tried any other XMP profiles?

Netherbound6

Prominent
Nov 15, 2020
Not just the timing, that doesn't mean identical. Details matter and there are hundreds of threads on site regarding mixing memory. That is why I asked.

First generation Ryzen are also very picky when it comes to memory, especially when using all four slots. You may simply not be able to run at the memory's rated speed.

Have you tried any other XMP profiles?
Profile 1 runs at 2932 but it ran at 3200 when I just had 16gb