[SOLVED] Help with selecting new build components

mjsziklai87

Distinguished
May 15, 2010
Hi guys, i'm looking to build a new Gaming PC in the next couple of months when prices start to return to normal. i have not built a pc for a while and my current system is around 8 years old now and just manages to run games on medium settings.
I'm looking to build a new high end system to last a good few years, and after doing a small amount of research i have come up with a system that seems okay to me, but without build for so many years might be forgetting a few things. So some help wout be much welcome, i'll list a out what i have come up with, and some are not 100% decided on.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X AM4 Processor or AMD Ryzen 5 5600X AM4 Processor
undecided between the 2, i hear the 5800x runs quite hot and i'm only wanting to run an air cooler to reduce the amount of problems that can go wrong with the system, i.e. leaks or pump issues with an aio liquid cooler. But will like to here what you guys have to say about it.

MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI AM4 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
I like the look of the board and as a lot of room to expand in the future, only thing i'm not sure about is the small fan and if it could cause issues if it was to fail.

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHZ DDR4 RAM - Optimized for AMD Ryzen
I've always used Corsair RAM as i've never had a problem with them

EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING Ampere Graphics Card or MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ti GAMING X TRIO 12G Graphics Card
Would like to here your thoughts on this but i know the ti version is only 10% faster at best but i feel i has room to improve with Drivers as it's a new card but lets see what you guys are saying.

WD Black SN850 1TB M.2 PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD/Solid State Drive
Not sure if i should add another ssd or not but open to suggestion

Corsair 850 Watt RM850x Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
pretty sure this will be more than powerfull enough to run everything

Cooler Master MasterBox MB520 ARGB Windowed Midi PC Gaming Case or be quiet! Black Pure Base 500DX Windowed ARGB PC Gaming Case (2021 Update) or Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 Mid Tower Windowed PC Case
very undecided on the case as it depends on what CPU i decide on and how much space i need for a CPU air cooler

Coolermaster MasterAir MA410m ARGB CPU Tower Cooler or Zalman CNPS20X RGB CPU COOLER WITH DUAL 140MM FANS - BLACK
what do you guys think of these CPU coolers

MSI Optix 34" UWQHD 144Hz Freesync Curved Gaming Monitor
i do alot of sim racing so a curved screen fits this well, but i also play alot of shooters, and strategy games like SC2

I think i have added everything, let me know if i'm missing anything and also what you think of a build like this. all thoughts are welcome and will be taken on board as i re learn everything i need to. thanks again guys.

Solution
Hi guys, i'm looking to build a new Gaming PC in the next couple of months when prices start to return to normal. i have not built a pc for a while and my current system is around 8 years old now and just manages to run games on medium settings.
I'm looking to build a new high end system to last a good few years, and after doing a small amount of research i have come up with a system that seems okay to me, but without build for so many years might be forgetting a few things. So some help wout be much welcome, i'll list a out what i have come up with, and some are not 100% decided on.

undecided between the 2, i hear the 5800x runs quite hot and i'm only...

undecided between the 2, i hear the 5800x runs quite hot and i'm only wanting to run an air cooler to reduce the amount of problems that can go wrong with the system, i.e. leaks or pump issues with an aio liquid cooler. But will like to here what you guys have to say about it.

MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI AM4 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
I like the look of the board and as a lot of room to expand in the future, only thing i'm not sure about is the small fan and if it could cause issues if it was to fail.

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHZ DDR4 RAM - Optimized for AMD Ryzen
I've always used Corsair RAM as i've never had a problem with them

EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING Ampere Graphics Card or MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ti GAMING X TRIO 12G Graphics Card
Would like to here your thoughts on this but i know the ti version is only 10% faster at best but i feel i has room to improve with Drivers as it's a new card but lets see what you guys are saying.

WD Black SN850 1TB M.2 PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD/Solid State Drive
Not sure if i should add another ssd or not but open to suggestion

Corsair 850 Watt RM850x Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
pretty sure this will be more than powerfull enough to run everything

Cooler Master MasterBox MB520 ARGB Windowed Midi PC Gaming Case or be quiet! Black Pure Base 500DX Windowed ARGB PC Gaming Case (2021 Update) or Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 Mid Tower Windowed PC Case
very undecided on the case as it depends on what CPU i decide on and how much space i need for a CPU air cooler

Coolermaster MasterAir MA410m ARGB CPU Tower Cooler or Zalman CNPS20X RGB CPU COOLER WITH DUAL 140MM FANS - BLACK
what do you guys think of these CPU coolers

MSI Optix 34" UWQHD 144Hz Freesync Curved Gaming Monitor
i do alot of sim racing so a curved screen fits this well, but i also play alot of shooters, and strategy games like SC2

I think i have added everything, let me know if i'm missing anything and also what you think of a build like this. all thoughts are welcome and will be taken on board as i re learn everything i need to. thanks again guys.
No glaring issues except the case. Make sure you get a good airflow case. I would recommend the 4000D airflow or 5000D airflow.

Solution