Question Help with separating pages from PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexN.Q

Reputable
May 24, 2019
Hello, can someone help me with a problem?
I work for a company that I scan some documents (contracts) and forward them. These documents are scanned in pdf format and need to separate the pages. For example, a contract that contains 20 pages is scanned and a single pdf is produced. From this pdf I want to extract page 1 into another pdf, page 2-5 in another pdf, page 6 in another pdf and 7-20 in another pdf. I searched the internet but I can not find anything to help with this problem.

Do you have Acrobat (full one) or just Reader?

If you don't have an actual PDF editor i found this:
If you use the Google Chrome web browser, you can easily use it as a PDF separator to save just one page (or a range of pages) to a PDF file.
Because Google Chrome functions as a PDF printer, it means you can “print” any file to a PDF file and save it to your computer. Since Chrome can also open and read PDFs, you can combine these two into an easy-to-use PDF splitter feature.
Here’s how to split specific pages from a PDF with Chrome:
  1. Either open the PDF online using its URL or with the Ctrl+O (Windows) or Command+O (Mac) keyboard shortcut to open a local PDF from your computer.
  2. Choose to print the page like you would normally print in Chrome to save a paper copy, but don't actually print it! Use the Change… button to change the “Destination” to be “Save as PDF”.
  3. Next to the “Pages” option, remove the bubble selection next to All and change it to the other one with the text box. Type the pages you want to split from the PDF. For example, to save just the second page from the PDF, you’d type 2.
That is simple splitting.

You seem to need something that can split the files then combine certain files into a new one.

You will need a full version of Acrobat or what I use at work which is Foxit PhantomPDF.

AlexN.Q

Reputable
May 24, 2019
Thank you for your interest, but I would like something simpler than that, for example, to have a desktop folder called input that contains a batch file or a script file to see if there is a pdf document in the same folder and split it in other pdf documents into another folder named output (like page 1 will be contract1.pdf, page 2-5 will be contract2.pdf, page 6 will be contract3.pdf and 7-20 will be contract4.pdf)

Last edited:

AlexN.Q

Reputable
May 24, 2019
Thank you for your interest, but I can not use that program because I do not have permission (administrator rights) to install new programs on my computer and the only program I have to open and edit pdfs is PDF Architect 6.

irbrenda

Reputable
Dec 4, 2018
Hello, can someone help me with a problem?
I work for a company that I scan some documents (contracts) and forward them. These documents are scanned in pdf format and need to separate the pages. For example, a contract that contains 20 pages is scanned and a single pdf is produced. From this pdf I want to extract page 1 into another pdf, page 2-5 in another pdf, page 6 in another pdf and 7-20 in another pdf. I searched the internet but I can not find anything to help with this problem.
I do the same thing using Paperport 11, but it's a very old version by Scansoft. It allows me to unstack my pages in a .pdf By doing so, I am able to select the pages I need to save in a separate .pdf Why don't you download the free trial and try it out. I think Paperport Professional is now by Nuance.

Reactions: AllanGH and AlexN.Q
Status
Not open for further replies.