Help with the Cooler Master H500 RGB fans

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 5, 2019
Hi, I plan to get the Cooler Master H500 case. It comes with 2x 200mm RGB front fans. I watched whatever videos I could about this case and know that the cables from the fans and RGB cables plug into an included controller, which then plugs into the RGB header on your motherboard. However, I can't seem to find out if this cable needs a 3pin 5v header, or 4pin 12v header. Could someone please tell me which it is?

If it is indeed a 3pin 5v header, then could I plug the cable into a 3pin 5v 8-way splitter, then the splitter into my header and control the RGB of the fans AND still have multiple 3pin 5v headers to use for other fans or fan controllers?

EDIT: The motherboard I plan to use is the Gigabyte B450 AORUS pro wifi.

Solution
You'll be good to go! The power needed for all the other components will be fed by the SATA power connector on the side of the controller.
Jan 5, 2019

I'll certainly try. Also, not sure how we missed this, but there's 2 5/12v RGB headers on this board, not including the 4/5 pin 12v RGBW header. Not sure how I missed it, but yeah.