help with TL-WDN4800 very very slow connection

kicsrules

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
I recently got a TP LINK TL-WDN4800 pcie adapter, the card xfers at most 512Kbps while in a tablet/phone same connection gives me at least what the bandwidth is 20Mbps.

i already tried latest drivers from here http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/downloads/Drivers/Qualcomm-Atheros/WLan/AR5xxx-9xxxx-Serie/

since tp link drivers are very out of date (already tried them too)

i tested the card with a live version of linux mint and it goes up to 11Mbps at least.. that make me think that the drivers are the issue... but i already tried every driver available for this card :/

my setup is as follows

router FO alcatel lucent i-240w-a current bandwidth 20Mbps - ethernet 1Gbps (which there is a NAS connected)
the wireless setup is automatic (b/g/n) currently the speed that shows connected at is 144Mbps. (if i change the speed just to "n" it goes slower - the other devices are not affected)

windows 7 64bit ultimate SP1

any thoughts ?

kicsrules

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
the chipset is atheros ar938x

edit:

Lj8nMK9.jpg

current transfer speed

7H0yxo5.jpg

current driver

LO8axRi.jpg

current signal strength

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
i been looking at my wireless connection with inssider and have 9+5 on channel with link score of 34 also no co channel network is 0 you have 2 the overlaping is 4 you have 12 the max rate 270 you have 144 and the signal -45 dbm you have -60dbm so you have some network around you that overlap your signal i was having the same issue before loosing internet a neibhourg was ovelaping mine that why i switch to channel 9 and my wireless device is a n-10 asus usb one .

kicsrules

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
the current channel is the least interfered, at the same distance (with a laptop) i get 20Mbps in speedtest and in LAN transfer around 5-6 MBps ..... tablet/phone is the same it does high speed transfer so i already discarded the config in the router :/

kicsrules

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
yeah, the powerline is not going to happen, i want it to be all wireless... the pc is connected through a UPS and there is no other socket in the wall for the powerline extender, the current link score that i have right now is around 80 (when i get home i´ll post it.. i tested it again with linux mint live cd and it did perform well... don't know if its the drivers or windows ultimate edition or what... i've read that the problem is with windows 7 ultimate edition 64 bit ... (only read about 3 other similar problems) and that is, another person figured out that since its 5ghz compatible is always scanning for that 5ghz band and thats the main reason it drops connection...

kicsrules

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
i think i've identified the problem here, the only ppl that have the same issue is because they have windows 7 64 bit ultimate... i'm going to try with win 7 64 pro to see if that is the case ....

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
you could link me where you find those details about the driver acting in a way in the ultimate to another from the premiun also i read back post and you have 12 overlaping network around your place so it would be a good thing to try to boost your wireless signal .

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
that is strange they sell stuff and not even able to give driver up to date sothe best thing would be to suggest to the one who use this to install the atheros driver thanks to put that on this will serve other with the same issue ,i would like to see if a official representative from tp-link could answer us on this .

kicsrules

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
even in their forums, they dont offer support..... anyways, i bought an asus router (dual band) and i just connect to the 5 GHz band (with another name than the 2.4 ghz) and its cool, not as fast as they claim, but enough.... (at most 12MBps/around 100Mbps)

kicsrules

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
yeah, i know that but the thing is that from a 450 mbps connection, at least a 200 mbps connection would be fine, the modem is around 20 ft from the pc, 5ghz is in the 40 mhz bandwidth no overlapping signals (no other 5 ghz signals in the building) .... is there an option to connect simultaneously to both 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz (different ssid ) ????

wired is not an option :/

before this it was wired (1000bmps ) but the new modem installation moved the modem far away so right i went wireless..