Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
This is my current setup:
CPU: i5-7600K 4.6 GHz
GPU: Gtx 1060 6GB
RAM: 16 GB 2666 MHz
Chipset: Z270
Monitor: 1080p 144Hz

As of now, I'm playing only Battlefield V at Low settings and having trouble keeping a steady 60 fps.
Because of this I am thinking about upgrading my system with a Rtx 2080 or a gtx 1180 (or what its real name is gonna be) because I'm not really interested in the whole ray tracing thing.
Is the i5 going to bottleneck the GPU?
Do you have other suggestions regarding how I could upgrade my system keeping in mind value and future-Proofing?
Thank you in advance for your help and please point out my English mistakes if present.

Solution
You're well balanced now... So an upgrade to either will result in an upgrade to both or you'll see no gains other than if you upgrade your gpu you can run higher settings with same frames. I wont directly suggest this... But *some* z270 boards can be updated with an unofficial bios and support a 8700k or 8600k if you could do that and upgrade your gpu it would be a solid pair of steps

legnani130802

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017

Oof I didn't notice that.
They are both at 100%.
I didn't remember I capped the framerates to 60 to prevent tearing and now, after uncapping it, I run at 70-60 ish frames on ultra while playing domination.
Thank you for pointing this out to me.
Do you have any suggestions how I could slowly bring my pc up to date?
Thank you

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
You're well balanced now... So an upgrade to either will result in an upgrade to both or you'll see no gains other than if you upgrade your gpu you can run higher settings with same frames. I wont directly suggest this... But *some* z270 boards can be updated with an unofficial bios and support a 8700k or 8600k if you could do that and upgrade your gpu it would be a solid pair of steps

Solution