Question Help with VR Gaming PC Build

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Community,

i want to buy a Oculus Rift S in the near future, but first i need a gaming pc! Ive picked the parts i think these will be great for a good VR and a better WQHD gaming experience!
I didnt know much about actual graphic cards so i picked the "cheapest" 2080Ti (OC, 11GB, Palit) and the i9-9900KF (its a bit cheaper and didnt need a gpu unit, some say its better for overclocking) and maybe i want try some overclocking in the future.

My price point is about 2000$/€ +- 100$/€ and thats what i came with:

View: https://imgur.com/3FIyFnj

3FIyFnj.png

It is a part of a present, so the RGB Stuff is preferred :)

I have no Clue about the RAM and neither the Motherboard. DDR4-3200 will be the choice for most gaming pc builds, but ark intel say the i9-9900K(F) will only support up to DDR4-2666 and thats what me confused a lot!

Can someone please give me an advise?

THX

kante_1

which country?
I will get Ryzen 3xxx over 9900k.
I only trust crucial and samsung on SSDs
You may find better quality psu for similar price
In general, your build will work fine but not very cost-effective.
For a high end GPU, I will get better brands

Jul 29, 2019
@vapour thx for reply :)
i am from germany.

I will stuck to intel, it is the slight peak in singlecore performance and the higher clockrates at all, so this wont be bottlenecking in games or emulation.

I can save 100€ or more on the cpu side and 50 for the heatsink, because the stock cooler on amd is very passable.
Wont play with oc for now, but should be an option for the future to give it half a year more at the end of this gaming pc's life. On amd system i will have to overclock right on the start, to get the same out of the box experience like the adequate intel cpu!

I wish great performance out of the box and will not upgrade it.

Its nice to have a m2 ssd with a minimum of 512GB, no need for massive storage on the pc, but 1TB should be fine for some games and applications.

I didnt know much about psu's, so i rely on the good reputation on a brand and i didnt get it, what wattage will be right!
Especially for little overclocking and this hole decorativ rgb led sh*t ;-)
Will using a lot usb peripherals... so maybe it is worth to know before buying a power supply.

I will pay 500€ for a cpu and 1000€ for a gpu, but not the same for RAM and Motherboard!

16GB Ram can cost up to 200€ (at max) and 300€ max for the Motherboard! But what should i choose?
Which RAM clockrate will the CPU(i9-9900) handle and which is known for good overclocking without another cooling solution?
Which MB can handle all feature of the cpu and can be used for simple oc in the future?
The price range on Motherboards is big, but all seems to have the same attributes, so i guess, i didnt know what to look for!

It is a lot of money for me, but iam willing to spend about 2000€+-100€ and wish to get the most raw power out of the box and this should be last for 4 to 5 years without spending money on parts in the future!

thanks and greetings
kante_1

My take:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (€486.90 @ Mindfactory)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler (€87.79 @ Aquatuning)
Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Extreme4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€159.85 @ Mindfactory)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (€79.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Samsung 860 QVO 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€107.50 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB Twin Video Card (€1099.90 @ Caseking)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€101.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €2123.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-30 05:00 CEST+0200