[SOLVED] Help with wifi speed

• Thread starter Deleted member 2729451
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2729451

Im looking for something to improve my wifi speed it is slow and I want to prove it.

If you have any question please leave a reply

Solution
Ok, Any room for improvement? My mom is always telling me She is having problems with the wifi being slow
That is why I asked about "client" devices. Just because your laptop gets a 585Mbit link speed, you mom might have an older laptop that only gets 144Mbit link speed.
The other thing that can make networking "feel" slow is the DNS. If you are using the default DNS provider the ISP provides (probably) changing to Google DNS might improve the perceived speed.
D

Deleted member 2729451

Sorry for the lack of understanding in this I dont know a lot about this

What router?

It says ubee on the top of it (Let me know if you need more info on this)

What client device?

What do you mean by this?(If you mean what I use it would be pc and phones on the network.)

How many competing WIFI signals are visible?

We are 2 wifi signals One is normal and other is 5G - If you mean like bars we get that would be full (And if you mean people around me I would say I only pick up one other wifi signal besides my own)

Distance between WIFI source and client?

My house is small so its not really to far My room is right next to the living room(Thats where my wifi box is)

Same floor or different floor?

Same Floor (One floor only)

What is your current link rate?

585.0 Mbps

kanewolf

Titan
Sorry for the lack of understanding in this I dont know a lot about this

What router?

It says ubee on the top of it (Let me know if you need more info on this)

What client device?

What do you mean by this?(If you mean what I use it would be pc and phones on the network.)

How many competing WIFI signals are visible?

We are 2 wifi signals One is normal and other is 5G - If you mean like bars we get that would be full (And if you mean people around me I would say I only pick up one other wifi signal besides my own)

Distance between WIFI source and client?

My house is small so its not really to far My room is right next to the living room(Thats where my wifi box is)

Same floor or different floor?

Same Floor (One floor only)

What is your current link rate?

585.0 Mbps
If you have a 585 Mbit link rate then that is about as good as you will get on WIFI.

kanewolf

Titan
Ok, Any room for improvement? My mom is always telling me She is having problems with the wifi being slow
That is why I asked about "client" devices. Just because your laptop gets a 585Mbit link speed, you mom might have an older laptop that only gets 144Mbit link speed.
The other thing that can make networking "feel" slow is the DNS. If you are using the default DNS provider the ISP provides (probably) changing to Google DNS might improve the perceived speed.

Solution
D

Deleted member 2729451

Ok , She only uses her phone and watches movies on a Firestick

All people who use a device
3 people
3 Phones
2 Computers
1 firestick

D

Deleted member 2729451

She says Her phone gets slow sometimes and that When she watches movies it says no connection sometimes , I think we have the highest we can get from Spectrum The Highest speed they had