[SOLVED] Help

carrjohn590

Commendable
Sep 14, 2018
Hi I have an hp compaq pro 6300 sff with 240 w psu i3 processor 3.30 ghz ,8 g ram running win 10 with on-board intel hd graphics "2g" 1, can the m/board fit in to a hp sr5109uk tower . 2, ..if not can you recommend a gpu to install 3, what m/board will fit what my i3 will work in ..thanks for looking an for your time

Solution
1, can the m/board fit in to a hp sr5109uk tower
Unable to find the specs on the HP SR5109UK, but if it has an ATX form-factor, you won't be able to swap motherboards as your Compaq Pro 6300 SFF uses a BTX form-factor (note the location of the expansion slots in relation to the rear I/O ports.
pp269682.jpg

2, ..if not can you recommend a gpu to install
I did find a video about adding a GT 1030 to this system, but I cannot verify it's authenticity, I would also note that on the specifications sheet I did find, it does hint that the PCI-Ex16 slot is limited to 25 watts. It may be circuited that way or just a limitation of the power supply.

3, what m/board will fit what...

Wolfshadw

Titan
1, can the m/board fit in to a hp sr5109uk tower
Unable to find the specs on the HP SR5109UK, but if it has an ATX form-factor, you won't be able to swap motherboards as your Compaq Pro 6300 SFF uses a BTX form-factor (note the location of the expansion slots in relation to the rear I/O ports.
pp269682.jpg

2, ..if not can you recommend a gpu to install
I did find a video about adding a GT 1030 to this system, but I cannot verify it's authenticity, I would also note that on the specifications sheet I did find, it does hint that the PCI-Ex16 slot is limited to 25 watts. It may be circuited that way or just a limitation of the power supply.

3, what m/board will fit what my i3 will work in
Depends on which Intel Core I3 processor you have, but look for motherboards with B75, H61, H77, Z68, or Z77 chip set.

-Wolf sends

Solution