drogheda1

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
ive recently given a mate to an am2 board (abit nf-m2sv) its got 2 sticks of 2gb ddr800, the problem is, when it gets to the windows logo loading (win 7) it shuts off or restarts. i have tried taking out the battery to reset things but to no avail. the psu is from a working system so no problems there, the cpu in athlon 64 x2 4400. any ideas guys.

boot the computer, press F8 every second or so.

Once a black screen comes up with a few options, select the one that says

"Disable automatic system restart on failure"

Try booting the computer, and see if any error messages pop up.

If no error messages, restart the computer and do the F8 trick again, and this time select safe mode. If it still fails you will have to reinstall windows.

drogheda1

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
no joy on them suggestions am affraid. when you try install windows it shuts off when it gets to the end of the 'loading windows files' bar...its also a bit difficult when i am relayin suggestions to my mate whos 45 miles away and aint very computer literate lol. he said when he tried the disable automatic system restart on failure there was a blue screen for a second displaying an error which he didnt quite catch.

drogheda1

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011

i'm starting to think its the motherboard thats fukd

pro-gamer

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
yes this is hdd problem.2 months later i also face this problem but my friend told me that go to bios and select config then select compatibiliy when i applied this trick the problem get off.