donny_tuba

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
Ok. I have internet from at&t. We have a 2wire router, and the desktop is hooked up to one of the internet ports. I use my laptop on the wireless. the internet is fine on the desktop and my laptop connects to the network, but not the internet. I have no idea what's going on. Help??

fowang

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
id say there is a problem with your wireless key settings then check to make sure they are correct and also there isnt some firewall rule preventing wireless access (ie wirelss access by mac address)

digitalvivo

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
Easy answer is to unplug your router (10secs and make sure there are no lights on) Plug it back in and test your connection.

If you do not have a connection go to the network settings>your wireless adapter>click on details>look at the DNS server (should be something other than 192.x.x.x)

If you have something different (ie. 68.121.92.56) then there is something wrong software wise on your comp

If you have the generic 192.x.x.x then try doing a "repair" on the device to try and renew the IP and DNS...

1. Click on Start button.
2. Type Cmd in the Start Search text box.
3. Press Ctrl-Shift-Enter keyboard shortcut to run Command Prompt as Administrator. Allow elevation request.
4. Type "netsh winsock reset" in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.
5. Restart the computer.

Post back with your findings