helping pick gaming keyboard and mouse

shadowsfall111

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
at the moment i have selected
Logitech G9X Programmable Laser Gaming Mouse with Precision Grips $67.95
and
Microsoft SideWinder X4 Keyboard $60.00

is this a good combo? i been reading that mechanical keyboards are better for gaming.

I mostly play WoW and Bf3. i really want to upgrade from my Zboard i have had for like ever lol... i want a good keyboard and mouse but i am on a budget.. would like to spend 130$ at most but if its a really good deal would go up to $160 tops.

I was looking at the Logitech G510 Black because it looks sweet and had alright reviews... any tips or links to good gaming gear would be very appreciated.. i have a headache from looking at deals on amazon and newegg for 2 days

Solution
mechanical keyboards are much more precise than rubber dome based keyboards. personally i much prefer them however some people actually prefer the other way around provided the rubber dome keyswitch is not spongey like most are.

i like my wasd keyboard. good quality construction for quite a bit less than deck keyboards and other brands.
Those are good choices imo.For me, the Ducky Shining takes the cake - Backlit in red/green/blue/white, comes in red/brown/black/blue switches.

From there I would look at Deck Legend boards, Filcos, and the cm.check this thread out if you scroll down some shows some nice ones http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/mechanical-keyboard-guide or just get what you are already thinking about getting as long as your happy that's all that really matters.

mechanical keyboards are much more precise than rubber dome based keyboards. personally i much prefer them however some people actually prefer the other way around provided the rubber dome keyswitch is not spongey like most are.

i like my wasd keyboard. good quality construction for quite a bit less than deck keyboards and other brands.

Solution