Here Are the Mass Effect 2 System Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it's going to be better than Dragon Age... the most overrated game I have seen in the last couple of years with no story, dungeon loot and bad dialogue option.

Mass Effect on PC was easily the best Bioware game I have played. Great gameplay, story, dialogues, level ups, story, character design (it was so deep in comparaison to Dragon Age) and with an incredible ending.

lightzy

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2007
I dunno why they even bother, much less make a big 'story' out of system requirements..
It's not like system requirements have changed much since the release of the retarded 360 and ps3 about 15 years ago

festerovic

Distinguished
My rig with an 8800 GTS 320mb was not capable of playing the ME1 at full frames. Once I switched to a 4870, it was alot better. Not expecting a lot more graphically if the recommended specs haven't changed.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
"ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT"

oh good, another port that pushes no boundaries.

I could of course hope that thats just what you need to play it on low settings - that would still look good - and on high it will be pushing a 5970. but some how I doubt it...

G

I played the first one for a little bit, but I really do not like single player games. Co-op with a buddy is best. The new Mass Effect looks cool, but it is only single player. I probably will pass on it. Too bad.

rockstone1

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2007
Damnit, the graphics haven't changed since 2007. The two best looking games on the Market are World in Conflict, Far Cry 2, and Crysis (Warhead). Far Cry 2 and Crysis Warhead were released this time last year, and both used a 2007 engine, World in Conflict was released about this time two years ago, and uses a 2007 Engine.

//Stupid Consoles ruin the gallant march of Technology.

G

I could play ME1 on my old 512Mbyte 7950GT XXX without any major issues. Granted, this was on "high" rather than ultra but I found the engine to be quite agreeable while still looking good, despite the lack of AA.

ME2 promises to rectify my only letdowns from ME1, very skimpy secondary quests and exploration and overly repetitive and uninspired combat.

I weren't overly much a fan of the game controls either, it really showed its console roots, but AFAIK ME2 is being developed for PC and consoles side-by-side so hopefully this snag will also be addressed. *fingers crossed*

Oh, I've already pre-ordered. I'm pretty much BioWare's bitch.

sylvia648

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]redgarl[/nom]I hope it's going to be better than Dragon Age... the most overrated game I have seen in the last couple of years with no story, dungeon loot and bad dialogue option.Mass Effect on PC was easily the best Bioware game I have played. Great gameplay, story, dialogues, level ups, story, character design (it was so deep in comparaison to Dragon Age) and with an incredible ending.[/citation]

No friend, that would be Modern Warfare 2 that is overrated.

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
lol Dragon Age had no story? I could have sworn that was a huge part of the game. Oh wait, you're probably one of those ppl that quit before the game got good (after Ostagard or whatever). Personally, i enjoyed it better than mass effect, but im glad that i was able to thoroughly enjoy both. cant wait for ME2, regardless of the fact that it, and every other game coming out this holiday season, does little to nothing new graphically. graphics are only a small factor in what makes a truly great game though.

MitchMeister-

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
[citation][nom]redgarl[/nom]I hope it's going to be better than Dragon Age... the most overrated game I have seen in the last couple of years with no story, dungeon loot and bad dialogue option.Mass Effect on PC was easily the best Bioware game I have played. Great gameplay, story, dialogues, level ups, story, character design (it was so deep in comparaison to Dragon Age) and with an incredible ending.[/citation]

Have you played a Bioware game before? Like 65% of the games are dialog with characters, which in turn drives the story. So you must be one of those people that think talking is useless in games, and now think that Dragon Age has no story. Couldn't be more wrong.

[citation][nom]sylvia648[/nom]No friend, that would be Modern Warfare 2 that is overrated.[/citation]

MW2 is good, but not great. I'm having more issues with bullet registration than anything else. The laggy crap of IW net is ruining my MW2 experience.

CoryInJapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
Yea,No biggie.Like its been said before. System requirements have not changed a whole lot since the release of the xbox 360 and ps3.

Or at least since 2007 it hasnt changed much at all if any.

Drag0nR1der

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007
[citation][nom]matt87_50[/nom]"ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT"oh good, another port that pushes no boundaries.I could of course hope that thats just what you need to play it on low settings - that would still look good - and on high it will be pushing a 5970. but some how I doubt it...[/citation]

Cos' that's just what pc gaming needs... a game that the 'majority' of pc's sold can't even run.

Drag0nR1der

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007

Really? I found Mass Effect to be pretty over rated too... ok, the dialogue was generally pretty good, and there were a few nice touches on the decisions you had to make, but overall the generic (and very small) base and ship design, the tiny amount of clusters, the tediously easy sideline missions, and very short storyline made the game quite boring, And the world/planet design was terrible, very very bland and, again, very generic. Compared to a lot of recent RPG's it may have stood out, but that says more about the state of RPG games these days than about Mass Effect itself. It was ok, but it lacked any real depth or polish.

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
[citation][nom]Onyx2291[/nom]I don't have recommended even if I didn. Runnin at high res it's hard to see if it would stand up.[/citation]

Well thats weird, I used to have a 8800GT and it worked fine for me two years ago. I cant believe how time goes by so fast... ANyway I guess the problem lies within your GTS.... its a GTS and only has 312mb of memory..... ouch... i think even the 6800gt had 512mb of memory, I used to have the 6800xt 5 years ago so that was the absolute minumim for this game.

Interesting to see that your problem may have been the onboard memory as 312 is not good enough and may cause stuttering or loss of objects due to loading and mem usage on the GPU... and to think I had that(6800xt) with a pentium 4....

sanchz

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009
I just hate it when they say "equivalent AMD CPU".... can't the just say Athlon X2 5000+ or actually STATE the CPU model, or frequiency???

G

"2.6+ GHz Cure 2 Duo Intel or equivalent AMD CPU"

I want a cure 2 duo also, where can I buy one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS