Here's What's Coming To Xbox On Windows 10 Next

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
All I'm interested to know about this, is how to effectively remove things like this from Windows 10. Currently using: Build 10158 Windows Pro Insider Preview.

I for one do NOT play Xbox games, do NOT own an Xbox console, and will never own one.
So having to see this annoying pop up window of Xbox every time that I start a game on my PC is wrong.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Shouldn't be an issue for Gabe, this facility allows you to stream Xbox games to your PC, Steam's facility to stream goes the other way, from your PC to another device. When Windows 10 allows PC games to be streamed to the the Xbox, then Gabe can go ape shit.

All I'm interested to know about this, is how to effectively remove things like this from Windows 10. Currently using: Build 10158 Windows Pro Insider Preview.

I for one do NOT play Xbox games, do NOT own an Xbox console, and will never own one.
So having to see this annoying pop up window of Xbox every time that I start a game on my PC is wrong.
Everything is branded under xbox(so this will show pop ups on some store games). Its not like you HAVE to use this program. It also has PC games, the streaming is just a feature. You can also add other games the same way as you can on Steam.

Shouldn't be an issue for Gabe, this facility allows you to stream Xbox games to your PC, Steam's facility to stream goes the other way, from your PC to another device. When Windows 10 allows PC games to be streamed to the the Xbox, then Gabe can go ape shit.
Remember how angry he was about Windows 8?(how dare it have a store of its own) I am sure he hates competition of any kind. If you are already in steams system, it takes a good bit to jump out. Same reason some users stick with certain phones
(but at least in this case you can have steam/xbox/origin/ect all at once).

I added steam to the game list :)

I'm glad to see this from MS. It's very welcoming. Over priced steam hardware, trying to monopolizing on a linux distro, bad controllers, tons of pre-order fails and alpha release scams. Charging for mods. The new store layout is full of advertising. No encryption on chat messages.

I've been avoiding Steam as of late. It's time to diversify my portfolio, I don't like all my peas in one pod. That's a lot of games I will lose if they ever shut down, sell out or make a major business model change (like going public).

Jul 1, 2015
And thus did Gaben look down from up on high, and wave his mighty arms as if to smite those who deserveth smiting. And they were smote. And it was good. By Gaben we are delivered once again from evil. Amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.