Heroes of Newerth Game Goes All Heroes Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaed

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
LoL (pun intended), looks like there's a game that's having trouble keeping up with LoL.

The_Trutherizer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
BTW... I played the original DotA for 4 years, HoN from launch till a few months back a bit of LoL and now Dota2 for months already. And I can say that in my opinion Valve knows how to do free-to-play and create a good game in general.

cypeq

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
DotA 2 and LoL are kind of two different creatures in moba mechanics I think they would both stand tall.
LoL appeals to younger audiance while DotA 2 to thoes who remember wc3 and first diablo ^_^
LoL with it's good f2p system DotA 2 with huge character customisations and who knows what will earn it's money even more DotA 2 is this same old map we loved in warcraft 3.

HoN will have it's problem because it was really just clone of DotA and it's heroes and their business models failed to attract large audience till now I don't honestly think it will be better after release of DotA 2 to the public.

There is about 60k players constantly online in beta of DotA 2 and It's obvious the game will blow up to milion of so after release.

aggroboy

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
[citation][nom]cypeq[/nom]There is about 60k players constantly online in beta of DotA 2 and It's obvious the game will blow up to milion of so after release.[/citation]
Honestly I wouldn't bet on it.

DOTA 2 has much more hardcore appeal than LoL. The same hardcore tag will really limit its adoption by casual audience. It's been maybe 8 years since the explosion DOTA AS, so DOTA 2 has to prove itself again to a new generation of gamers.

G

LoL and DOTA 2 are so much better than HoN. The only saving grace for HoN is linux and mac compatibility.

leongrado

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
LoL and DOTA 2 are different games and anyone who has played both games would realize that. Hate to break it to you but it takes so much more effort to play DOTA 2 than LoL which is one of the main reasons I play LoL. It just takes so much less effort and thinking because you can usually do pretty well if you know what you're doing. Always get may ass kicked when I jump into DOTA 2 on occasions.

Dkz

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
LoL, played it but didn't like it. HoN, i gave it a try but wasn't really what i had in mind, Dota 1 was really hard to learn, but Dota 2 kept all the goods things from Dota 1, and took away most of the learning difficulties it had. Even now in some Esport events, Dota 2 is one of the main attractions. I think this is all due to how hard is it to play it, and you can really separate the average player from the pro players.
All in all, the 4 of them are good games to have fun with friends.

maet

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
league of legends is like playing basketball at the YMCA while dota 2 is like playing in the NBA. ill keep our small hardcore gaming community and vastly superior esports anyday

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS