Hey anyone familiar with modding please answer this question?

djreedj

Honorable
Jan 14, 2016
I install fallout mods using nexus mod manager, and this message pops up that has me confused everytime I open NMM. the message reads..

'plugins.txt' is read only, so it can't be managed by Nexus Mod Manager. Would you like to make it not read only?

Can anyone help me understand what this means and should I click yes or no to ensure mods work? thanks

Solution
read only means that the file can not be modified. this keeps it from being changed and possibly messed up. clearly the mod needs to change this .txt file to put itself into the game's inner workings. setting it to allow editing will be needed to run the mod. it is the only way to use the mod for the game.

i am not familiar with this mod myself but having used other mods i have seen this type of message before.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
read only means that the file can not be modified. this keeps it from being changed and possibly messed up. clearly the mod needs to change this .txt file to put itself into the game's inner workings. setting it to allow editing will be needed to run the mod. it is the only way to use the mod for the game.

i am not familiar with this mod myself but having used other mods i have seen this type of message before.

Solution