Question Hey, can aynone help? Interesting

edgars.roga

Reputable
Oct 13, 2018
So, i dont know where to even start...
But, basiclly a 1060 works and a 570 does not, kinda.

So with a 1060 it boots normally, but with a amd 570 it just shows a black screen, all fans spin, gpu leds on. I did reseat the mobo battery. I have an Asus Rampage IV extreme motherboard, and it shows code 34 with the 570, i decided to check if its just the screen not showing anything by filming my way to bios boot menu and selecting/booting into windows(with the 1060) then switching to the 570 and with a black screen repeating the same steps on keyboard, and wolaa i got in it booted and started to show display... but...

it does not stop there, i tought oh fine ive fixed it. Installed video driver, rebooted it again, and it wont show anything again. But mobo code says AA(means it got into windows, but wont show anything... im kinda lost any help is needed. I reseated the CSMOS again, and tried to do all of this again but with no luck... imma take the 570 and test it in a other PC later.

Ask questions, cuz u probs have no idea what im talking about, its the first time ive ran into something like this...

edgars.roga

Reputable
Oct 13, 2018
What is the make/model of your psu?
A 570 will use more power than a 1060.
A cheap or under powered psu may be your issue.

It is also possible that the 570 is defective.

The performance of both cards is similar; why are you testing?
To make it clear why im even bothering switching gpu's so the pc came with the 1060 but its my friends, and he needs it back, i had a 570 in my old rig, now i wanted to run it in this system.. the psu is 550W corsair. I had a old poor one in my old system, ran just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

edgars.roga

Reputable
Oct 13, 2018
To make it clear why im even bothering switching gpu's so the pc came with the 1060 but its my friends, and he needs it back, i had a 570 in my old rig, now i wanted to run it in this system.. the psu is 550W corsair. I had a old one in my old system, ran just fine.
What makes this all so wierd, is the fact that it booted in once after all the nonsence i did that i mentioned earlier, all stable, as soon as i restarted it was back to showing a black screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

edgars.roga

Reputable
Oct 13, 2018
The 570 is tested, works great... Im not sure what is not letting the 570 boot on that system, ill test the same settup with a 850w PSU, if that does not work, idk mybe update bios?

edgars.roga

Reputable
Oct 13, 2018
Can you see the bios screen ok?
Can you boot in safe mode(f8)?
Safe mode boots windows with a minimum of drivers.
If safe mode works, there is a driver issue, most likely with the radeon driver install.
With the 570, no bios display, no post display, just plain blank. Monitor thinks its connected to the card. All fans working. And i belive its trying to boot windows behind the "black screen".
Will try to fidget with the drivers somehow tomorrow.