Question Hey guys I'm new here, CPU Throttle is the issue I'm facing

May 3, 2024
I'm here to reduce my CPU temps by undervolting because when I play a game Temp reach incredibly high on my laptop and in return Speed decreases to decrease temp (which as a result my fps drops every 2-3 seconds). Thermal paste is NOT an option guys,,

CPU: I5-2410M

What I've tried: Undervolting with throttlestop, it just doesn't give me the option to change the volts of my CPU.. Also my BIOS doesnt give me any control over my CPU at all.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What laptop are you on? Make and model + SKYU to your laptop will help. Did you disassemble the laptop in order to clean/clear any blockages in the CPU's cooling solution?

Thermal paste is NOT an option guys,,
Why, might I ask, is that not an option?

You might also want to understand that the processor is over a decade old. It's high time for the platform to be retired or you should tax it less than before.

May 3, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What laptop are you on? Make and model + SKYU to your laptop will help. Did you disassemble the laptop in order to clean/clear any blockages in the CPU's cooling solution?

Thermal paste is NOT an option guys,,
Why, might I ask, is that not an option?

You might also want to understand that the processor is over a decade old. It's high time for the platform to be retired or you should tax it less than before.
Hello, thanks for taking the time to help me..

So I have a Toshiba satellite L755-171 Laptop. I run windows 10 operating system. I've taken it to experts before they've apparently cleaned the fans which were dirty, but none of them told anything about the thermal paste itself. I don't trust myself with opening laptops at all.
Regarding the reason why thermal paste isn't an option, because as I said I can't do it myself and if had to take it to an expert my dad wouldn't let me, because he doesn't understand the role it plays regardless of the many explanations he has had. For him, as long as the laptop works "fine", then it is fine.

Also I know I shouldn't tax it as much as before, for that reason I've limited the power that the CPU can consume from the power settings in control panel. This had stop CPU throttles for a few months, but now it's back even with the limited power it consumes

May 3, 2024
Tell your dad excessive heat will kill your laptop, and unless he wants to buy you a new one, your overheating issue needs to be fixed.
Do you think a complete beginner like me would be able to change the thermal paste of a laptop? I really dont want to risk my laptop's components being stolen because we live in a third world country and technicians really do scam components around here.