[SOLVED] Hey yall ive been having a ton of problems with performance as of the past week.

Oct 1, 2020
so what's happening is that pretty much every day at random times my PC will either crash/ blue screen or if I'm playing a game/ watching youtube or do anything in a browser the tabs close / my game crashed. And this is especially annoying because as a wannabe Rainbow Six pro I was in a 10 man Scrim last night while it was a super close game 6 -5 I lag out we lose two rounds they refuse to rehost its a <Mod Edit> so I can't afford for this to keep happening. I was also playing today and I usually get 140fps in ranked and casual and upwards of 200 in terrorist hunt but today I was getting 60-100

about a month ago I got brand new G skill Ripjaws 2x8 DDR4 by 3200 RAM as I had some team group elite ram 1x8 which only ran at about 2400 Mhz it had been working wonders after I installed it and boosted my FPS in almost every game by 40% but here's my suspicion I went to my task manager went to performance looked at the memory and here's what I found. all my memory was in there as shown by the 16.0gb but the speed is only at 1600Mhz does anyone have a solution to what's going on. Does the 1600MHz that it shows is that just 1600 +1600 = 3200 is that what that means?

https://preview.redd.it/ppk3yq9kfz7...bp&s=e54917c57f42dae29a3ba3a4c846dbce515e3123

here's a full list of my PC specs:

Ryzen 3 2200g
G-Skill Rip Jaws DDR4 2x8 3200MHz
X470 Master SLI/as and its by asr rock
RX 580
corsair CX450M
SSD 240 GB hard drive 1 TB
Thermaltake. versa N21 case

Another problem I've been having is when I'm playing hunter call of the wild as it is my favorite game right now my pc gets a little spicy running at 70-75 degrees celsius which isn't bad considering I have an RX 580 but it gets loud and after long periods of time playing video games, in general, the whole case gets a little hot ive been thinking about buying this set of fans as I only have 1 case fan in my computer https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Maste...dp/B086KXKTR2/ref=psdc_11036291_t4_B08HJPBFTFttps: when I first built my PC I had no idea what I was doing so I didn't buy any extra fans not realizing that down the road that could be a bad situation

like II said I haven't changed anything, I clean my PC regularly i dont know whats going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
what wattage power supply do you recommend somewhere in the 500 range. this is a 2-year-old system and for a while, it didn't even have a graphics card in it so

When it comes to power supplies, its best to get a quality one that is powerful enough to be capable of running your system not only now, but in the future when your system gets upgraded.

I recommend a Corsair TX or RM series PSU with 650 watts of power. I'd avoid CX units.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
DDR = Double Data Rate. Actual frequency is half. So, 3200 will run at 1600Mhz. This was true of your 2400 memory as well, ran at 1200Mhz.

Now if you are seeing like DDR4 1600, make sure you don't see 800Mhz anywhere, that would mean your memory is running half its rated speed. Check using something like CPU-Z.

More fans would probably help a little.

About the only other thing would be the slightly small power supply, as it gets older its max output will slowly diminish, and you might be experiencing early signs of that. Since your system can now run faster, it is probably consuming more power and could be the cause of your issue.

Oct 1, 2020
DDR = Double Data Rate. Actual frequency is half. So, 3200 will run at 1600Mhz. This was true of your 2400 memory as well, ran at 1200Mhz.

Now if you are seeing like DDR4 1600, make sure you don't see 800Mhz anywhere, that would mean your memory is running half its rated speed. Check using something like CPU-Z.

More fans would probably help a little.

About the only other thing would be the slightly small power supply, as it gets older its max output will slowly diminish, and you might be experiencing early signs of that. Since your system can now run faster, it is probably consuming more power and could be the cause of your issue.
what wattage power supply do you recommend somewhere in the 500 range. this is a 2-year-old system and for a while, it didn't even have a graphics card in it so

When it comes to power supplies, its best to get a quality one that is powerful enough to be capable of running your system not only now, but in the future when your system gets upgraded.

I recommend a Corsair TX or RM series PSU with 650 watts of power. I'd avoid CX units.

Solution