HHD to SSD

Samts01

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015
After buying two SSDs, to replace my 1TB HHD, I've had issues with Windows.
In my BIOS, I must boot through the 1TB HHD, rather my SSD with Windows on it. It appears to work, as Windows will boot in ~15-20 seconds.
Recently, I had an HHD issue where it was doing a weird Dynamic Disk mode and it was half the size it was supposed to be. I decided to just delete the whole drive through BIOS, as formatting wouldn't help me when trying to format.
Only issue with that, I must boot through that hard drive. I took a leap of faith, and deleted it.
My data is still on my SSD (I believe)
Now I cannot boot to Windows at all in any way. I went to the extent of unplugging all USBs and even all 3 storage devices.
(Side note: when trying to reinstall windows, I get error code 0xc00000e9
The disc is fine.)

I'm not sure what you've done exactly, but it sounds like you had BOOT FILES on the HDD for some reason.

Anyway, i suggest removing all HDD/SSD drives and try reinstalling Windows. One of your drives may be failing:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-system/unable-to-boot-error-0xc00000e9/c874be58-416f-4f1a-9827-d112a1d07b6a

So:
1. Remove HDD and other SSD
2. Install Windows (Delete previous content during install), then drivers etc
3. Add and Test second SSD
4. Add and Test HDD (may be bad)

*Note that when adding another HDD or SSD this can screw up the Boot Order. You may need to go back in the BIOS and change it back again to your Windows SSD.

Samts01

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015
photonboy;
I'll try it tonight. Maybe even use GParted...
Also, as I don't think I mentioned, SOMETIMES when clearing all BIOS settings AND FORCING BOOT TO CD it will occasionally boot. I haven't even got it to do that recently.

Samts01

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015
photonboy;
I'll try it tonight. Maybe even use GParted...
Also, as I don't think I mentioned, SOMETIMES when clearing all BIOS settings AND FORCING BOOT TO CD it will occasionally boot. I haven't even got it to do that recently.